BotM November 2015 - NOMINATIONS

Top quality build Eric! I'd expect nothing less out of your garage. Great taste on the race decal application... not too much, not too little. Proper. Looking forward getting out on a ride with you on this one.

rumpfy":377b3izl said:
I haven't played in a while.

Rumpfy's 1991 Yeti FRO.

RBUK Reader's Rides Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=336282

To give you an idea of how far it came.

Before:
22113514611_c1429ab95e_b.jpg

After:
21915081378_ab4bf42bb2_h.jpg

Blinding entries thus far - mine has no chance. Just entered it as I wanted it in good company!

theproscloset":3ds1ckwu said:
Top quality build Eric! I'd expect nothing less out of your garage. Great taste on the race decal application... not too much, not too little. Proper. Looking forward getting out on a ride with you on this one.

Thanks man! Last year they were all 80's FROs. Maybe this year we'll have all early 90's FROs. :D

rumpfy":cmg4nm99 said:
theproscloset":cmg4nm99 said:

Thanks man! Last year they were all 80's FROs. Maybe this year we'll have all early 90's FROs. :D

Lets get that FRO Tandem dusted off!

theproscloset":bl6osc3j said:
rumpfy":bl6osc3j said:
theproscloset":bl6osc3j said:

Lets get that FRO Tandem dusted off!

Does that mean what I think it means?!

BOTM Westfailure's 1990 Marin Team Titanium

Westfailure's 1990 Marin Team

This 1990 Marin Team Titanium was built by Mike Cookson Cycles in Manchester.

Cookson's ran a Marin race team throughout the 90s and this was one of two bikes built for an MBUK article on how light can they go? All the components were the lightest, or close to it, available at the time.

The bike was loaned to MBUK for the article but never actually ridden. Soon after, it was bought by a Manchester business man and stored in his workshop. When I found it, it was still in its red felt dealer's cover.

In all these years the bike has not been ridden. As you see it here, it is as it was built in 1990. I have all the original receipts showing their 1990 prices.

Here's the link to the Reader's Bikes thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=337529

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a52 ... bprfkz.jpg

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a52 ... 4mqomn.jpg

Attachments

• rsz_1dsc_0921.jpg
    rsz_1dsc_0921.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 506
  • rsz_11dsc_0936.jpg
    rsz_11dsc_0936.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 506
Glad you managed to confirm that info. You must be truly over the moon? Where the hell are the pics though!!

raidan73":3syuoww5 said:
Glad you managed to confirm that info. You must be truly over the moon? Where the hell are the pics though!!

Yes. I spoke to Cooksons and they have a copy of the mag. I'm going up there next week so hope to get a scan. Trying to upload the pics at the moment but not having much luck

Back