• 13. mynchiboy's 1989 Saracen Kili Flyer Comp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 14. Tomianson's 1994 Fat chance Titanium

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • 15. TMG74’s 1995 GT Tequestra

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow! Now that’s a pleasant surprise..... thank you to all who voted for my Claud, that was a close run with BoB & Jim.

Thanks to everyone taking part in these comps...

PS. Is this the first CB to win a BotM? Anyway, it was a pleasure to work on and even more fun to ride (& BTW now has a black leather Lamda saddle) ;)

Re:

Well done Peaches,

A claud butler wins BOTM

No love for the Bear Valley or the Kiliflyer, these truely are strange times eh.

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":2zj63q45 said:
Well done Peaches,

A claud butler wins BOTM

No love for the Bear Valley or the Kiliflyer, these truely are strange times eh.

Cheers, I must admit I thought the voting might have been a little more evenly spread....

Once A Hero":2zj63q45 said:
Congratulations Peachy! :)
Now - do you get a another BOTM badge?

Ta.... no, happy with what I’ve got..... for now ;)

Peachy!":2lfq3869 said:
Wow! Now that’s a pleasant surprise..... thank you to all who voted for my Claud, that was a close run with BoB & Jim.

Thanks to everyone taking part in these comps...

PS. Is this the first CB to win a BotM? Anyway, it was a pleasure to work on and even more fun to ride (& BTW now has a black leather Lamda saddle) ;)

Claud Butler Mountain Bikes were shit, they got so many things wrong, so many times, and ended up just being a BSO even selling from home catalogues.

We voted for YOU, your enthusiasm and what you do with them.

Shame you didnt work for them bitd.

Well done bud. :cool:

Retro Spud":2p3extp2 said:
Christ Carl - talk about take with one hand and then give back with the other :LOL:

People are right, ive never seen a claud butler win botm, and thats the reason, you cant hide from it.

Peachy Won bike of the Month, by doing a good job with a good thread.

I never thought im my wildest dreams i would cast a vote for a Claud Butler, but i did. :LOL:

sinnerman":2iom79ae said:
Retro Spud":2iom79ae said:
Christ Carl - talk about take with one hand and then give back with the other :LOL:

People are right, ive never seen a claud butler win botm, and thats the reason, you cant hide from it.

Peachy Won bike of the Month, by doing a good job with a good thread.

I never thought im my wildest dreams i would cast a vote for a Claud Butler, but i did. :LOL:

:shock: :LOL: Cheers Carl,
And thanks for your (albeit brutal) honesty…and your vote.
I’m never quite sure if my build threads hit the right spot, I know some do prefer a quick fix…
As for your Review of the CB MTB range… I would almost agree, I say almost because yes, they made some odd decisions and proffered some very underwhelming crap bikes…but… there are one or two that I might hesitate to say were perhaps a little above average although admittedly not the "very best" back in the day. Ones such as my Reynolds 653 Antaeus with full Deore XT. (drcarlos still races his partially XTR upgraded one with some success) :cool:

If you are at next years Mountain Mayhem (and if you can get on it) you are more than welcome to take it for a spin…. ;)

Back