• boy"O"boy's 1989 Saracen Kili Flyer

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Retro_Roy's 1987 Rocky Mountain Transpo

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Bluetomgold’s Saracen Trekker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingbling’s 1990 Kona Fire Mountain

• Sinnerman’s 1988 Marin Pine Mountain (Joe Murray)

• MattiThundrrr’s Specialized Hardrock

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Retrobikeguy’s 1988 Dawes Wildcat

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • benjabbi's 1992 Giant Granite

• chrisv40’s Univega Alpina 5.5

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Elev12K's 1993 Concorde Mirage

• pazaudi's 1994 Marin Muirwoods

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Oldskool13’s Bear Valley SE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • markjohnson76’s 1992 Saracen Traverse

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • WimVDD's 1991 Colnago Maxim

• Dami's 1996 Kuwahara Fast Trax RC

• jonthefish's 1997 Voodoo Erzulie

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • mk one's 1993 Kona Cinder Cone

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • rwm1962's 1997 Orange P7

Votes: 4 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Re:

al-onestare":1bne5ewg said:
... really? 20 odd nominees and less than 100 votes.

I'm surprised there's still 72 people who voted after the silly discussions of the last couple of months. I seriously doubted about me staying member of this forum or not... But I'm working hard on completing a bike for the March' competition so I think that means I'm about to stay for a while. :D

I too will admit that I was a little disappointed at the decline in civility these past few weeks. A large portion of my admiration for this group is the knowledge base, but also that we are able to maintain a certain degree of decency towards each other. Let's not let this little corner of the internet descend to the levels seen elsewhere.
Unless biscuits. Then all rules are set aside.

I apologise for my part in that. In my short time here I've seen nastiness bordering on bullying which nearly made me turn my back on this place & on this occasion I choose to call it out with blunt humour when maybe I should have ignored it.

Re:

:facepalm: I have just had to go and re-read all of the previous botm thread, to understand what the ffffin ell you fellas are on about.

OH, im going to leave, Oh I nearly left,...……………...Have a word with yourselves, and man up, you worse than old women... :facepalm:

RULE 4 and RULE 16.

enough said. :roll:

YES!!! Man, I'm so happy to have won this BOTM, especially with this bike! Thank you so much to those who voted for it, I really appreciate it. There were some great bikes for this months contest so really didn't think my Traverse would take it. But thank you for the appreciation of it. I do feel a bit bad inasmuch as I didn't have to spend hours restoring this bike unlike some of the other entries. It's as it left the shop 28 years ago. APART FROM THE GRIPS! Yes the previous owner changed them and I thought I'd leave them on. When I find some worthy replacements I'll swap them out.

I found this bike on gumtree about 3 years ago. The ad was just for a Saracen mountain bike with really awful pictures taken with a phone in a dark room. I paid £100 for it and drove from London to Sheffield to get it. The guy selling it had bought it from a friend who'd never used it. It really is mint. I got the seller to send me some more photos of it then outside and I set off to collect it the next morning. I do sometimes worry about my carbon foot print driving to buy bikes that far away....

I used to race a 1990 saracen traverse comp when I was a teenager. I loved that bike and really tricked it out. It was the same size and DX (albeit black DX) spec as this one. I bought a tatty 1992 Marin Eldridge Grade about 3 and a half years ago. That started the Retro mtb bug. I started looking for another 1990 Saracen Traverse Comp and while searching for that I found this one. So this 92 Traverse was the first bike in my 'collection'. I now have about 35 bikes. I'm trying to get them down to 12, 10 hanging on the wall, one in use and one in the work stand being restored. I'm continually going through all my bikes trying to work out which ones make the cut. My Breezers, Roberts, clockwork and Lavoie Titanium are no brainers. But for me this bike always gets included in the keep list. I love it and it's the closest I have to my original bike from back in the day. I'm so chuffed this lovely little blue collar bike has got the recognition I think it deserves and won BOTM.

So thanks again for those that voted. It means a lot.

kingbling":3nq8ioqn said:
Happy with those results, congrats Mark :cool:

Echoing KB's comment- happy with that result, thank you to all those that voted for the Kili.

Congrats to Mark - well done mate, The narrowest of margins but a worthy winner!

Celebrated my blue collar by taking it out and doing what it was meant to do! - I love Deore DX! Still shifting (and just about stopping!) despite the mud. :shock:

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 2,957
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 2,957
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 2,956