BotM April 2020 Nominations thread

Re: Re:

jimi911":3plr60fz said:
Jimi911's 1993 Curtlo Mountaineer
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=361587

thats cool, but what going on with the forks, the angle looks proper weird to me.

apart from either my eyes or those forks, its the choice so far this month though

sinnerman":3tnoa6nx said:
jimi911":3tnoa6nx said:

thats cool, but what going on with the forks, the angle looks proper weird to me.

apart from either my eyes or those forks, its the choice so far this month though

Maybe just the angle of the photo. The frame is designed for a M1 and that fork is just the right amount of suspension adjusted to work.

jimi911":2qnn8miw said:
sinnerman":2qnn8miw said:
jimi911":2qnn8miw said:

Maybe just the angle of the photo. The frame is designed for a M1 and that fork is just the right amount of suspension adjusted to work.

you sure, it looks miles out on that frame.

Cool bike though.

sinnerman":222xd5qd said:

Cool bike though.[/quote]

The forks looks good to me, its just the style/angle of the crown to head tube interface, had the same on a Saracen that passed through my possession last year.

Attachments

• Fork Crown Interface.jpg
    Fork Crown Interface.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 2,635

Once A Hero":3oebaet6 said:
sinnerman":3oebaet6 said:

Cool bike though.

The forks looks good to me, its just the style/angle of the crown to head tube interface, had the same on a Saracen that passed through my possession last year.[/quote]

No i get that, ive plenty of forks where thats required and needed.

The legs lurch too far forward to me. it looks all wrong.

They should look like this..

Attachments

• dr_s_pace_rc100_172.jpg
    dr_s_pace_rc100_172.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,634
Re:

My Bad, ive just read the thread, and it seems you werent sure yourself,

Be nice to see it with the Action Tech fork, or even a Manitou, looking at even the Manitou on your thread pictures, its looks spot on, not sure where you got these from....?

Apart from the forks, its perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_4435_zpsoohrpvfa.jpg
    IMG_4435_zpsoohrpvfa.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 2,632
It's the wrong geometry for an Action Tec fork. Curtlo built a special frame for that.

Back