Bontrager Twentyfour 12 2015

I shall be there too, a team of 5 of us doing the 24hr under the team name of The Gentleman's Riding Club. I'm getting down to set up the camp on the Thursday and am staying until the Monday. I can't wait.

I shall be there at the site from Thursday, all retro bikers (anyone really) feel free to stop by the trailer tent for a coffee/beer/mineral water to say hello. No retro riding for me, it kills my back too much now, I shall stick with a bouncy front and disc brakes to stop.

I shall stop by the shooting range during my night time laps to say hello too.

Cheers, Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Mark.

I shall be on my cube and tequila. Maybe at the same time! Cine see the Gentleman's Riding Club camp area and have a tequila iron man shot with us.

I'll be on the Bona to start with (cause the lights fit :roll: ) and will prob change to the bike with no name (bike with front suspension and On One 'Mary' bars for comfort but no make/model decals). Consuming 'Apples' :mrgreen: with a high chance of JD & coke at some point :D

Re:

Hey Folks, didn't spot this pre-event but I was there!

How did you guys get on? I spotted Mark and shouted at him but he didn't even flinch from his head-down blast through the start / finish area!

I spotted quite a few retro bikes but wasn't riding mine.

That rain on Sunday morning :shock:

We were their, the Gentlemens Riding Club, wearing the Jerseys that looked like suits. We managed 16 laps until we decided to stop at 0530hrs, the rain was terrible and we all had a decent 'off', it was getting slippy on the course.

Oh well, next year maybe we will beat our 2014 24 lap achievement.

Re:

Good work! Don't remember seeing suit shirts but there were a lot of folk about. Don't blame you for stopping early hours. Lots of people did! It was super slippy out there.

Re:

We did a 4 man 12 hour and I managed 2 laps and the rest of the team a combined 4! think we finished 37th! But loved the course and was pleased with my laps. Mark was DJing at the shooting shack at 10pm so we all decided to sack it and go up there! Was a pain in the arse getting the tent down in the rain, but was glad not to be riding in it! Nice to meet you Maverick albeit briefly.

Doug

Attachments

• rsz_111794532_10152947692646373_4712018549821409188_o.jpg
    rsz_111794532_10152947692646373_4712018549821409188_o.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 871
Back