Bombers

In a mad moment I bought these on eBay. Bomber Z4 alloy. They compress OK but are reluctant to rebound.

file.php

Stupidly I didn't bother to check steerer length... :facepalm:

Looks like one of these will work though...? Not sure how to remove the original?

https://www.bike24.com/p26275.html

Shall I persevere with them or buy something better?

Or just attempt a service of the Manitou SX-Rs I'm currently using?

ultrazenith":5eyxp54m said:
is it me, or is the crown cracked?

fairly sure what you can see is just cosmetic... looks like some kind of plating is peeling to me. had planned to investigate, but only if they're otherwise worthwhile.

Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":18vnfasd said:
I love my 96 and 97 Z1 and Z2 forks,but keep in mind pre 2000 Bombers run the infuriating I.S. caliper mounts so running discs will be nigh on impossible.

Surely an adapter is all that needed?

Re: Re:

sectionate":1rk87mx9 said:
66 triumph daytona":1rk87mx9 said:
I love my 96 and 97 Z1 and Z2 forks,but keep in mind pre 2000 Bombers run the infuriating I.S. caliper mounts so running discs will be nigh on impossible.

Surely an adapter is all that needed?

Fairly sure they're unavailable at the moment though... unless you go DIY. I think there's a group buy thread on here and the possibility that a batch will get made...

From my point of view it's a non-issue as i'm using v brakes. The steerer length on the other hand...

Fair point, just about anything useful for bikes is out of stick at the moment!

I'm all about the home brewed versions, given I just made one for the rear of my Spooky

Back