Bolany - Are they a good brand?

danbe

Retro Guru
They seem to make mainly anodised parts at affordable prices.
They definitely look like they have a bit of quality about them in the sense they don't look to the naked eye like they've just been knocked out in some factory in China with the cheapest materials going.

Are they a reputable brand or does anybody have any experience/feedback on their products?

I'm aware some parts will be better than others and just because say they make a decent fork doesn't mean their bbs are upto much.

Basically are they value for money or just overpriced muck made to look good?

Yes, they made masterpieces 😂
Their forks are very poor quality. The bushes are plastic and last nothing if you ride daily and do some XC- all mountain. Poor perform. Before use a fork of this brand you have to check, some bolts come loose. A suntour mid range works better.

Bolany only for cheap builts and ocasional rides.

Last edited:
They definitely look like they've just been knocked out in some factory in China with the cheapest materials going.

Exactly this.
I had a Bolany cassette, it went in the bin. Heavy and shifting was appalling. ZTTO/Sunshine/Sunrace were much much better.

If you get anything Bolany then expect the worst, and you won't be disappointed.

I've just been looking at a Bolany Cassette on Ebay, half the price of a Sunrace.
It's this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373825566979
Maybe I should be rethinking my options, although at less than a tenner I'm still tempted.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looking at their official Aliexpress store i think they are Chinese in origin. Fine for non critical parts, but for me personally a saving too far on anything upon which your life or wellbeing may depend.

Check out wolftick videos on YouTube they test all kinds of cheaper brands. They test forks, shocks, bars, brakes all the brands - bolany, zoom etc all the aliexpress stuff.

Worth a look.

I’m waiting on a Ltwoo 9 speed groupset being delivered - they’ve been getting decent ish reviews and it’s for a spare bike I’ll only ride occasionally.

I’m waiting on a Ltwoo 9 speed groupset being delivered - they’ve been getting decent ish reviews and it’s for a spare bike I’ll only ride occasionally.

I've used their mechs & shifters with good results, as good in use as say the SRAM stuff I've had in the past (X5/X7).

I've used their mechs & shifters with good results, as good in use as say the SRAM stuff I've had in the past (X5/X7).
I did a Google on Ltwoo and the owner used to work for sram….. going to give it a whirl. The 12 speed stuff is carbon and looks great too.

Back