Bob Jackson World Tour, The Remix...

Blackbike

Retro Guru
It all started with the best of intensions, the first build on this Bob was underwhelming. I rode it a few times, one day it was parked behind the workbench and was forgotten about for almost 9 years.

I blame guinessisgoodforyou and his wonderful thread about randonneurs and porters for the inspiration. No I'm not trying to do a French build on top of a British frame, I am taking inspiration from the French constructors and doing my own thing, how it turns out is something we will all find out together. If the project does not meet the high standards I have set, I will proudly stand in the middle of town square and accept my virtual flogging.

The only parts that made the cut were the frame and the wheelset the rest will be reveled soon. so this is the frame the build is based on...

Untitled by nemosengineer, on Flickr

by nemosengineer, on Flickr

: Mike

WOW what a response, gentlemen thank you one and all.

Fenders bah humbug. Center of tire to the radius of the inside of the fender based on the tightest mounting point of the frame (seat stay bridge) gives me just at 1/2" of tire to fender clearance with a perfect fender line. The rear fender needs to be trimmed to clear the chain stays, so it's paper doll time to make some templets so I don't screw it up...
As always some parts need to be made or modified because, well just because. I will give up the details as they happen.

On to the photos.

: Mike

Back