Bob Jackson - Leeds

Tsundere

Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
What’s the storey with Bob Jackson ?

I’m just about to sell my TT bike and it’s labelled as renovated by him:

Attachments

• 471A6096-82C8-4A76-8B92-FC5DBB5FA1A9.jpeg
    471A6096-82C8-4A76-8B92-FC5DBB5FA1A9.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 7
Found this:

Bob Jackson, J.R. (John Robert) Jackson, first opened shop in Leeds in 1935 as J.R.J. Cycles using money borrowed from his mother. He built bikes until WWII when all production had to be put on hold while Jackson served in the Royal Air Force. After the war, he restarted his bike-building business in full force, and in 1955 was able to purchase the historic British Merlin brand to begin producing Merlin frames in parallel with his J.R.J. frames.

By the 1960s the company’s reputation as a quality builder of lightweight road and track frames had grown both in Britain and the U.S., and Jackson was handling production for multiple other bicycle brands as well. Eventually, a name change took place, and J.R.J. was dropped in favor of the more colloquial Bob Jackson moniker, and Bob Jackson Cycles continues to build frames under that name today even though Jackson passed away in 1999.

@Joe*Pro the road side of this forum is packed full of BOB fans with loads of build threads. But as for MTB’s this is only the second I’ve seen. Shame it’s all the way down south poor thing.

It's only a few miles from Leeds where it was built.
When I clicked on the eBay app it jumped to that there village of London, I didn't look any further.

Back