Bob Addy bike (Possibly Holdsworth Super Mistral?)

zorgy

Retro Newbie
Hi all, I'm in the midst of trying to value my dad's old bike and I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the frame.

Struggled to find much info on Bob Addy bikes but I did find this info online:
From my memory: This frame was labeled as a "Bob Addy", who was an ex-Holds racing team member. Bob had his own store for a while and it is
my understanding that he had Holds make up some frames to Super Mistral specs w/his name on them to be sold in his store.

It seems likely to me that this frame is one of these super mistrals designed for Bob Addy but I'm struggling to confirm this. Does anyone have any insight into this frame and whether or not it is just a differently labelled Holdsworth Super Mistral?

Cheers.

1Sv26fQ.jpg

Doesn't look very Holdsworth..ish, the seat cluster is not quite right.

Lugs look like Prugnat, full sloping fork crown, over the bb cable guides, nutted brakes and top tube rear brake cable guides make it a bit of a mixture.........likely late 70's :) Does the rear dropout holding the rear mech have 2 smal holes drilled in it?

Very neat though, lots of builders could turn them out at that time. Is there a number on it?

Shaun

Hi Shaun, no number that I've been able to find unfortunately!. Here's a pic of what I assume the rear dropout is (sorry, total novice here) and it does indeed have two small holes drilled in.
5Gr4tPr.jpg

The two holes are for a Portacatena (device to help change wheels) puts it at late 70's early eighties............ Classy frame :) The rear mech says Pat 83 as far as I can see so that is 1983 but could have been added later

At that time most Holdsworth frames had a fully wrapround seat stay as the team frames had.

Is there anything stamped under the bottom bracket or any cutouts / slots in the bottom bracket

Shaun

Re:

I had never heard of a Portacatena before so I've just looked it up on Classic Lightweights. Clever little idea but I can see why it never really took off - quite a lot of work to save a few seconds on a wheelchange.

Back