Black Friday

technodup":rjp4vp7v said:
Neil":rjp4vp7v said:
And it's not all just some end product - it's people collaborating to understand - much of it is development of OSs like Linux, Android - people collaborating to understand, make something work, write a driver for something that's not currently there, and contribute it to the rest of the community.
A need recognised; a solution created and product distributed to the end user. You keep using examples of successful marketing to demonstrate an absence of marketing. Which is either strange, stupid or you don't get the basic principles.
You keep trying to impose these "basic principles" on things you don't understand, but seem to be determined to think they do.

Something like Linux, wasn't a triumph for marketing back when it first became real - even though it's probably heavily used in the commercial world, now.

It was a triumph for community. It didn't get the collaboration because of any marketing principles - it got it for reasons of not being restricted by the market or propreitary software, curiosity and the desire to solve puzzles. THAT'S the difference - open source taps into a different aspect - curiosity.

You'd try and fit some rather more normal "marketing" type spin and concepts to it, so you can understand it within your frame of reference - but that's simply because you don't properly understand why open source gets done - all you see is final products like OpenOffice and why people use it, and think you can define them as a rationale based on that - but that's a very limited slice of it, and an completely unrepresentative take on why people contribute to and create open source software.

marketing convinces people to seek Gaviscon for reliefve of heartburn and acid reflux.which states "longer lasting action against heartburn" an doctors prescribe this stuff ,it only helps in the short term but when it wares off your heartburn comes back worse then before an stays an you end up hooked on big pharmas false solution,

when i told my doctor about this an said i cured my heartburn with a teaspoon of this

good-oil-original-250ml.jpg

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/ ... z0l%2BsJpO

she said an i qoute "a lot of are job is about treatment rather then cure an she laughed an smiled"

Rod_Saetan":8mij1uka said:
I bought a pair of trainers, got a good deal.

alot of the bf sales were 20 to 30% off stuff that was marked up in price anyway

the old end of season sales used to be 75% off but now they have extra sales an outlet shops
your lucky if you get 40 or 50% off

an then theres the lines produced just for the sales

was £159 now £59 naah it had never been on the shop shelf untill the sales

clever aint they :facepalm:

unkleGsif":2t2i6dj1 said:
technodup":2t2i6dj1 said:
Feel free to have the last word.

Oh, you can count on that... always does #hashtagwinkyfaceforneilbecausehedoesntgetsarcasm
And you never fail to disappoint, either, pookie.

You give ever-so-creepy-stalker-esque a cheeky nipple tweak, doncha.

If it wasn't for the usual turn for the whingy, it'd be a little entertaining - but it's not - it's just a bit weird, really.

Re: Re:

unkleGsif":2cxk4iu3 said:
Don't flatter yourself (anymore than is usual)
I wasn't.

It was you I was bestowing a certain kind of, um, flattery on. After all, some people take great delight in being a bit weirdly obsessed with someone.

Back