Black Bullseye rear hub 36H + Blue Hope Ti front 32H

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all.

I’m after a 36H Bullseye rear hub to match my front.

Interested in single rear hub / wheel set / bmx / 130mm rear axle variants. I have a 135mm rear axle already, so swapping over isn’t a problem......just finding a 36H rear hub in black is!

Here’s a pic of my front wheel that I’d like to match to.

Thanks in advance.

boy"O"boy

Attachments

• 7308DA38-47CE-4186-B016-E8B48E5C1A02.jpeg
    7308DA38-47CE-4186-B016-E8B48E5C1A02.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 178
  • C4944A07-338D-460F-8099-10DA52688FB6.jpeg
    C4944A07-338D-460F-8099-10DA52688FB6.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 178
Re:

Bumping up the Bullseye!

*Edited the title too*

Got a really nice Blue/Ti Hope rear screw on hub built Silver Campagnolo Atek that I would like to find a 32H front hub to build a matching pair. Suspension or lightweight WHY?

Will add pics later.

Anyone got one of these also?

Thanks in Advance.

boy"O"boy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 59
Re:

Have you considered getting a 36 hole hub in any colour, stripping it and getting it re-anodised ( you can get gen 2 stickers easily). I've had to resort to this for the San Andreas

I have the Hope front hub you’re seeking built onto a silver Mavic 231. No idea what it’s worth. LMK if any interest. :thumbsup:

There’s a photo of it on my Al Mega XT build here somewhere.

Re: Re:

yakboy":t355ho77 said:
Have you considered getting a 36 hole hub in any colour, stripping it and getting it re-anodised ( you can get gen 2 stickers easily). I've had to resort to this for the San Andreas

I have given it some consideration! :LOL: - been watching with interest the ones you did for the San Andreas. Certainly took some Kahoona's doing that with the rarity of those hubs! Look great.

I've stripped anodising before with caustic soda so that isn't an issue.
I have had mixed results from different anodisers with black... Mainly due to different grades/finishes of Aluminium. That, and the ones that do decent quality also had a minimum batch price.

If I factor in buying the hub, anodising and decals... I could start having a look at complete wheel sets, stripping and selling what I don't need.

Perfectly good question about re-anodising, suppose I just looking for the easy option with an original hub in the right colour and holes.
Bought the front fairly easily and narrowly missed a pair a month back, so biding my time and waiting with good money at the moment!

Appreciate the reply though.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Re:

The Anodising in Black that Acorn did for me on the Lotus Stem was spot on and that was the only black piece I sent but was charged as an overall, so worked out very reasonable. In the next few months have a big batch of stuff to send too them (my bullseye hubs included), so if you wanted to bundle stuff up with my order would be happy to do that. As the guy who owns it is a Mountain biker you seem to get very reasonable rates. I know it won't be original and we like the chase and all that but some things you may have to wait years for and they won't be of the quality you want.

Re:

regan_ev":a6z9llk6 said:
I have the Hope front hub you’re seeking built onto a silver Mavic 231. No idea what it’s worth. LMK if any interest. :thumbsup:

There’s a photo of it on my Al Mega XT build here somewhere.

That's great! Just spent an enjoyable 10mins too reading through your thread. Was it raced at Mayhem in DD spec? :cool:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=339624

I'll PM on price. From the pics though, I'd say that the rim and hub are VGC! :cool:

Cheers!

yakboy":a6z9llk6 said:
The Anodising in Black that Acorn did for me on the Lotus Stem was spot on and that was the only black piece I sent but was charged as an overall, so worked out very reasonable. In the next few months have a big batch of stuff to send too them (my bullseye hubs included), so if you wanted to bundle stuff up with my order would be happy to do that. As the guy who owns it is a Mountain biker you seem to get very reasonable rates. I know it won't be original and we like the chase and all that but some things you may have to wait years for and they won't be of the quality you want.

That's a great offer! Thank you. :D
I'm going to scope out what's available in other colours as a 36H and I'll get back to you! (Knowing my luck, the 36H black will appear the day after I purchase another colour! :LOL: :facepalm: )
Like a bit a caustic soda stripping! - done seat posts/ Atac stems.... But never a hub. Does it do anything to the joining technique of the hubs?

Thanks again.

Retrobike comes up trumps again! :cool:

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 131
Re:

Bullseye's are press fitted and if you use a strong solution and do the multiple dip / neutralise technique there is no problem. The last vestiges of colour I usually polish off just to make sure I don't over strip the hub

Ha, well found and glad you enjoyed. Yeah I only did one lap at Mayhem on that, including the TDD. Was a blast!

Back