Bitcoins

Re: Re:

ultrazenith":rkrx0yjz said:
al-onestare":rkrx0yjz said:
What is real?
Steel is real, all the way.

rvKFwxD.gif

ultrazenith":3qdfknwx said:
The thing with bitcoin is there was a period when it was new and very few people knew about it, like most "investment" vehicles, that was the time to get in and take a risk. Basically, you have to get in before everybody catches on to it. Now that there are so many cryptocurrencies to choose from and the concept of crypto trading/investing is quite mainstream, the possibilities to earn big money easily from buying bitcoin are now quite small.

What I'm looking at now are space industry stocks. At the moment I'm slowly building up a stake in Virgin Galactic, and also trading in and out as I do it which is making me about a 10% profit on my capital each month.

Interesting. 10% is very good. A mate had his house targeted after thieves identified him on a Bitcoin FB group They stole his laptop and £180Ks worth of BC.

This thread hasn't aged well. 😁 If the naysayers had bought £1000 in 2013 when they were writing it off, they'd be millionaires.
That said I do think the ship has sailed for making big gains.
I bought £200 worth in 2019 and sold earlier this year for £1100, just before it dropped (after Musk changed his mind on taking the as Tesla). Wish I'd been ballsier back in 2019, however environmentally they're a total disaster, so glad I'm out.

I don't watch bitcoin, but I'd guess that as soon as the financial institutions started taking an interest, it became subject to the same kinds of price manipulations that have occurred for a very long time in other financial markets. That's bad news for the average retail trader, and good news for those who understand how financial institutions trade.

Ive done nicely moving out of dollars and into sterlimg this week. Currency speculation was a thing long before bitcoin, and will be long after its gone.

I don't watch bitcoin, but I'd guess that as soon as the financial institutions started taking an interest, it became subject to the same kinds of price manipulations that have occurred for a very long time in other financial markets. That's bad news for the average retail trader, and good news for those who understand how financial institutions trade.

It was being shilled, pumped etc long before the big institutions were involved. They are subject to tight regulations on things like insider dealing, unlike Crypto Bros.

It was being shilled, pumped etc long before the big institutions were involved. They are subject to tight regulations on things like insider dealing, unlike Crypto Bros.
Has the 'reckoning' happened yet?

£700 in December 2013, £19,500 this week.

Damn those economic traps, scams and pitfalls. 😂

Even ignoring the potential to have sold at the peak of £56k ish a couple of years ago is there any other product giving that sort of return over the past ten years?

If you'd put a tenner in 5 1/2ish years ago you'd be looking at around £4 million at today's price (19k ish) 😯 :D:p

1675446232062.png

Back