Biria NaturalBiker with nice paintjob

bratfass

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi mates,

I dont want to hang only in the "for sale" threads around, so I think I try to begin a build-thread ;-)

Got the frame a few months ago and collected some nice parts till now (much too many, so the most went to the next owner)

I have not many informations of the history of this bike. Only a blueprint of the bike, when it was showed off in a retro bike magazine - and a few pics of a buddie, who owns the same frameset.

BiriaWoodklein.jpg

The frame is made of Tange Infinity tubes (triple butted) and got some nice details, like the rear canti-cable-port. Its nothing hillarious like a Klein or a Yeti or something in this league - but I love the paintjob and the lightness of the frame.

When it was sold these times, it has XT components and a Marzochi suspended fork. I wanna go a different way and it will not be 100% time-correct.

The mechs will be XTR 95x with Campagnolo RecordC Thumbies on Paul thumbie-clamps and antracit-grey Cantis from F.R.O. (italian company) with kooka Canti-levers. Steering will be a mango tune "geiles Teil" stem (or a kooka Klyde) on a mango CK headset - with a golden onOne Fleegle bar and brown Odi grips.

I have antrazit-grey Jagwire cable-outers, Odyssey straddle-rods, Scott Matthauser pads and a bunch of Ti and Al bolts in the right colors.

Wheels will be red HopeTi Glides with golden spokes/nipples on X517s in citron. Skewers are reanoed (mango) CBR dogbones, cranks red Caramba Sidewinders (or reanoed speedTec, couldnt decide till now) with Middleburn chainrings and Ti chainbolts. BB is a WhiteIndustries with anoed bearing-caps and locknuts and a Ti-axle.

Post is from tune in mango, too - with an orange FliteTi. Oh and a Ringle H2O in red or mango.

Tires Psycho in butterscotch on the Hope/X517s

And another wheelset with skinwall-greenies Wildgrippers on siler Hugi hubs slaved with Mavic Ceramic rims.

Fork or better said forkS (I couldnt decide if suspended or rigid ;-)) are here: Tange Struts or a PaceRC30 or a JudyXC - will see what time will tell ;-)

Only sticked together (with a few randommed parts, which are old enough that they can get some marks), frame is actually alone with MikeSanders grease conserved and all stonechips touched up with a self-mixtured paint ;-)

IMG_2972.jpg

Hi,

couldnt let You out in the snow ;-)

Here are a few pics, but the shitty neon-lights in the man-cave dont give the paintjob the right justice:

SDC12920.jpg

SDC12923.jpg

SDC12924.jpg

SDC12930.jpg

SDC12933.jpg

SDC12934.jpg

SDC12935.jpg

SDC12936.jpg

SDC12937.jpg

SDC12938.jpg

SDC12940.jpg

Morer will follow, when I fitted all the thingies and decided, what forks and cranks I will use

lovely frame. But shouldn't you clamp it round the seat post. :shock:

I would be tempted..just a lil bit..to get those purples and any other ano coloured bits..re anodized an orange to match so it blends rather than stands out but yes the frame and paint do look very nice

tintin40":296ygr8p said:
lovely frame. But shouldn't you clamp it round the seat post. :shock:

You are right - usually I clamp it at the post - this was only for pics and not hard-clamped - very soft with 2 fingers ;-)

sylus":296ygr8p said:
I would be tempted..just a lil bit..to get those purples and any other ano coloured bits..re anodized an orange to match so it blends rather than stands out but yes the frame and paint do look very nice

only a few purple parts, like the straddles and not all will be orange - I want a matchin line with the post, stem, headset, bar, clamps - the rest will oustand in red, like cranks, levers, hubs, skewers

I gad to decide and tried out a few combinations. I have a purple speedTec crankset and a purple moby post and had a purple-splattered hyperlite and purple waterbottle-cages - it didnt look right - was like bites together. I got the mango headset and stem at first and this color suits the frame color perfect - so tried with red parts mixed up with the mangos - and this seems right. So decided to mix mango and red.

Green would be the next choice, but for now I try orange/red

Back