Biopace rings and chain suck ?

Having experienced one of the old On One Inbreds which were made with chainstay that were too flared, are you sure that the biopace oval doesn't take your chainring too close to the chainstay and create suck (which for me manifested as horrible wedging of chain into chainstay)?

Having experienced one of the old On One Inbreds which were made with chainstay that were too flared, are you sure that the biopace oval doesn't take your chainring too close to the chainstay and create suck (which for me manifested as horrible wedging of chain into chainstay)?
It does get pretty close as it goes .
Perhaps it's the chain then 'cos the rings are fairly flat not slightly bulged at the base .

More likely too wide and catching on the outer rings

7/8/9 spd chains all share a similar internal size but the old, old 6 speed chains were almost single speed width

I always found they were prone to chainsuck more so than other rings. That's why people like Onza brought out the Buzzsaws or Ringle the Antichainsuck device to try and get around the issue. In my head I have it down to the Shimano rings being thicker but cant remember why I think that now.

Back