Bike of the Year 2019 - Time to vote!

Pick your winner

• January – oneschnark's Grove Innovations Assault 1988/1989

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • February – wtb_rider's 1986 Salsa Scoboni

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • March (30 years and older special) – Spaltinho‘s 1989 Rock Lobster fillet brazed

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • April – Haalands 1989 Mantis Valkyrie

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • May – oneschnark’s Mountain Goat "Golden Goat" 1989

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • June (Mountain Mayhem special) – mk one's '94 Brodie Expresso

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • July – felixdelrio's 1991 Gecko Genesis

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • August – Smithjss70’s 1989 Yeti C-26 tribute

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • September (tie) – Haalands 1988 Fat City Cycles "f**k N Fat Chance"

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • September (tie) - boy"O"boy's 1992 Marin Pine Mountain Browning suspension

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • October (splatter & fade special) – mkozaczek's 1991ish Grove Innovations Assault

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • November – Regan_ev’s Yeti C-26 Team Homage Replica

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • December – Jwlinn’s (Earthquake Jake's) 1992 Mountain Cycle San Andreas

Votes: 12 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sinnerman":1iyfg4q0 said:
Im loving the history with the San An, but burn me at the stake for saying, its not for me.

I get that. In the 90s, I was young and impressionable, I totally missed everything before 92. so when I was riding, steel was for old men or BSOs. Fat aluminium, carbon, CNC and anodising were everything.

McRoy, Watson, Juarez, Rockwell, Giove, Chausson.

Childhood heros.

That's just my 2p.

But, all 12 bikes this year. All totally brilliant. It's kind of tragic that both the C26 are here, as I suspect they're stealing votes from each other. The marin is epic. Love the Rock lobster. Props to Mk One for thrashing the Brodie at Mayhem.

Big thing for me is could never vote for a bike that won't be ridden. I suspect (judging by the condition of the rims) most of the bikes here won't be.

So many cool bikes and builds in the lineup. The Scoboni is still one of my very favorites to date and the thread details from Regan and Jwlinn are the epitome of what this community stands for. I think I voted for all of these last year but may be wrong. Regardless, it’s an honor to be among such company. Cheers!

Smithjss70":1m7jecph said:
So many cool bikes and builds in the lineup. The Scoboni is still one of my very favorites to date !

I was beginning to wonder if it was just me!
It takes it by a nose in a very tough field by being so damn classy!

I keep returning to this thread and looking a these bikes and it's so difficult to pick just one... I think I'll have to come back another day... still cannot choose one!!! :O

Re:

Almost time.... place your bets!!

It’s the Mantis for me.... but only just!

Was a tough choice, I love the fluo yellow and white porcs on Smithjss70’s 1989 Yeti C-26 tribute, colourful in a very different way to the Mantis, but super-cool! :cool:

Jake's family here anxiously awaiting. . . very exciting to see which bike will win. All of these bikes are so cool in their own respects and a great job done by all the builders! Thank you to everyone who supported Jake and his race bike for BOTY.

One more photo worth sharing - me dropping in the Kamikaze on Jake's bike. Photo by the great John Kerr

- Joshua

Attachments

• 9 15 2017, Mammoth, Legends Race, Josh, Jakes 1992 San Andreas, John Kerr photo.jpg
    9 15 2017, Mammoth, Legends Race, Josh, Jakes 1992 San Andreas, John Kerr photo.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 3,174
Back