Bike Of The Month September 2019 - NOMINATIONS THREAD

Re: Re:

Peachy!":3vo5l0z7 said:
Once A Hero":3vo5l0z7 said:
I need to wait for an 'any old tat' month to enter any of my bikes :LOL:
Yeah, I think I should have kept my powder dry as well..... never mind there's always the wooden spoon :facepalm:

I wouldn't worry Peachy mine's waaaaay below yours. :LOL:

Some stunning bikes on here.

Oldskool13":3odykow8 said:
Peachy!":3odykow8 said:
Once A Hero":3odykow8 said:
I need to wait for an 'any old tat' month to enter any of my bikes :LOL:
Yeah, I think I should have kept my powder dry as well..... never mind there's always the wooden spoon :facepalm:

I wouldn't worry Peachy mine's waaaaay below yours. :LOL:

Some stunning bikes on here.

So what are you saying O.S13 that Peachy hasn’t even got a sniff of winning the Lanterne rouge (an English wooden spoon)

Christ winners get accused of Elite-ism and now there’s an inverted snobbery race for last place.... :LOL:

Retro Spud":1xzq1g8e said:
So what are you saying O.S13 that Peachy hasn’t even got a sniff of winning the Lanterne rouge (an English wooden spoon)

Christ winners get accused of Elite-ism and now there’s an inverted snobbery race for last place.... :LOL:

Thought about getting one of these for MM20

Attachments

• lantern-rough-short-sleeve--cycling-jersey--back_1_1.jpg
    lantern-rough-short-sleeve--cycling-jersey--back_1_1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 5,335

sinnerman":2mt9njba said:
……Just wanted to air this quote if i may, in "memory" of a retrobike member who has sadly passed, but a lovely chap who really was keen and liked his bikes..who coined the phrase....

"Handbuilt in Bristol, Runs Like Clockwork".................................Bryncrug72
And if you have time, have a read of his build thread...., viewtopic.php?f=6&t=274921 with having to build and ride with only the use of one hand......

Indeed Carl :) I've toyed with selling my long term project Pioneer a few times now but have always hesitated. Martin and I chatted often about our respective Pioneer builds and, though we never met, I definitely considered him a friend. It'll probably still end up leaving the shed but I'd like to complete the project I discussed so often with Martin before I let it go.

raidan73":nsaroxt3 said:
sinnerman":nsaroxt3 said:
……Just wanted to air this quote if i may, in "memory" of a retrobike member who has sadly passed, but a lovely chap who really was keen and liked his bikes..who coined the phrase....

"Handbuilt in Bristol, Runs Like Clockwork".................................Bryncrug72
And if you have time, have a read of his build thread...., viewtopic.php?f=6&t=274921 with having to build and ride with only the use of one hand......

Indeed Carl :) I've toyed with selling my long term project Pioneer a few times now but have always hesitated. Martin and I chatted often about our respective Pioneer builds and, though we never met, I definitely considered him a friend. It'll probably still end up leaving the shed but I'd like to complete the project I discussed so often with Martin before I let it go.

They are becoming so few and far between now, ive certainly noticed a decline in them coming up for sale in recent years, and yours is in great condition with the the matching fork, i fear you will only regret it as i did.

As for Martin, he really was a lovely chap, he rang me once and we were on the phone for at least 2 hours, he was so full of enthusiasm, and despite only having one arm, nothing phased him. To be fair i found the man quite humbling.

raidan73":1ftkcnmo said:
sinnerman":1ftkcnmo said:

They are becoming so few and far between now, ive certainly noticed a decline in them coming up for sale in recent years, and yours is in great condition with the the matching fork, i fear you will only regret it as i did.

As for Martin, he really was a lovely chap, he rang me once and we were on the phone for at least 2 hours, he was so full of enthusiasm, and despite only having one arm, nothing phased him. To be fair i found the man quite humbling.

sinnerman":1eojtn4r said:
raidan73":1eojtn4r said:
sinnerman":1eojtn4r said:

He was a nice guy and was really enthusiastic about my SBDU Raleigh Maverick that I'd thought was beyond saving.

I've been away

Is the hat still in contention?

Back