Bike Of The Month September 2019 - NOMINATIONS THREAD

Re:

Some real high quality entries this month.

Heres mine for consideration.

Sinnermans Overburys Pioneer 1989.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=179733

(its history in brief). This bike has been with us on the site for about the last eight years, originally purchased from its original owner (warts and all) by my wife and kids as a christmas gift, supplied with all its original paperwork, invoices, build sheet and spec options.

It was very carefully refinished and re-assembled using all its original parts, which of the three build spec options from Overburys came with Deore II.

When things took a turn as they often do in life, a New home was found, and Nick (Crantinope) took her on, and with the build options avaliable and in hand, Nick carefully rebuilt her with the top of the range option Deore XT, nearly all NOS.

As you can imagine i was over the moon to have the opportunity to get her back home, and belt and braces better than when she left.

Hats off to Nick, and thank you. BOTM entry For Nick.

Attachments

• Overburys (2).jpg
    Overburys (2).jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 3,936
  • untitled (2).jpg
    untitled (2).jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 3,960
Re: Re:

sinnerman":1xaawt7l said:

As you can imagine i was over the moon to have the opportunity to get her back home, and belt and braces better than when she left.

Absolutely one of my favourite bikes on the forum! - was gutted to miss out when Nick offered it for sale ...... but reading the build thread and now seeing the history - i'm glad it's back home! :cool: :cool:

What a month to enter! - it's like the good 'ol days with a massive field of strong entries.

Superb!! :D

boy"O"boy

sinnerman":pc4f6avw said:

Indeed, and this is another great bike.

Wasnt sure on the colours but the more i look at it the more it grows on me, i think the green in the fade is a nice touch and really adds to the colours.

I did have a favourite but entries like this are just going to make it hard :cool:

sinnerman":34s2tdv4 said:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=179733

(its history in brief). This bike has been with us on the site for about the last eight years, originally purchased from its original owner (warts and all) by my wife and kids as a christmas gift, supplied with all its original paperwork, invoices, build sheet and spec options.

It was very carefully refinished and re-assembled using all its original parts, which of the three build spec options from Overburys came with Deore II.

When things took a turn as they often do in life, a New home was found, and Nick (Crantinope) took her on, and with the build options avaliable and in hand, Nick carefully rebuilt her with the top of the range option Deore XT, nearly all NOS.

Hats off to Nick, and thank you. BOTM entry For Nick.

It’s lovely to see some more high end British steel.

Re:

Thanks fellas, with so many really high end builds, this month is like a grand national horse race.

I didnt think for one minute that neither Nick nor i hadnt entered this bike before, but we hadnt.. :?

Just wanted to air this quote if i may, in "memory" of a retrobike member who has sadly passed, but a lovely chap who really was keen and liked his bikes..who coined the phrase....

"Handbuilt in Bristol, Runs Like Clockwork".................................Bryncrug72
And if you have time, have a read of his build thread...., viewtopic.php?f=6&t=274921 with having to build and ride with only the use of one hand.

From the controversy of the time, between two competing market forces.
The advert of the time speaks volumes without the need for words.

(apologies in advance for the crappy mag scan)

Attachments

• overbury%20pioneer.jpg
    overbury%20pioneer.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 3,886

sinnerman":2gby7itq said:
"Handbuilt in Bristol, Runs Like Clockwork".................................Bryncrug72
And if you have time, have a read of his build thread...., viewtopic.php?f=6&t=274921 with having to build and ride with only the use of one hand.

The bike
The Ad
Takes me back to my 1st copy of MBUK in Jun '89
Gets my vote.

Thanks for the link to Bryncrug72's build thread - I now know what I what for my British 'centric' collection! .... The Irony! - the signature shows he had a '92 Marin Pine Mountain Browning Suspension in his collection too. If only I had known :facepalm:

..... Now, if I could find that Roberts built Marin prototype that graced the Jan '91 cover!

Looking forward to this BOTM vote! :cool:

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Once A Hero":2a0mddkr said:
I need to wait for an 'any old tat' month to enter any of my bikes :LOL:
Yeah, I think I should have kept my powder dry as well..... never mind there's always the wooden spoon :facepalm:

Back