BoTM Bike of The Month May 2024 "Canadian Special" - now taking entries

Bike of The Month
Not part of the contest but thought I would share here 1986 Bertrand hand made in Hull Quebec Canada out of Columbus steal if there were 100 of these made we would be lucky. This thing is a greyhound on caffeine. I got it off the builders brother for 60 bucks IMG_20230602_053902142_HDR.jpg

Not part of the contest but thought I would share here 1986 Bertrand hand made in Hull Quebec Canada out of Columbus steal if there were 100 of these made we would be lucky. This thing is a greyhound on caffeine. I got it off the builders brother for 60 bucks View attachment 849679
1986 or 1996? Looks to be too progressive for a 1986 frame? Love the logo design on the downtube! 😍 Some rather tasty bikes this month eh?! 😎

Last edited:
1986 or 1996? Looks to be too progressive for a 1986 frame?
Very much 1986. Bertrand was a Quebec builder of custom road bikes, but they were very interested in what Paul was doing out west. I was stunned by how modern it was with the sloping top tube. It is an amazing bike to ride, it is constantly challenging you to go faster. The upgrade to threadless headset was done by the previous owner. Here's their more usual mid 80s fare
20200412_142132_a006bd075b1104e18af7a28247040494f1cd6d82.jpg

Is it using a wheel or other method for the front mech ( I know it has a top pull there but that wasn't until 1991/1992 depending on suntour or Shimano)

1986 or 1996? Looks to be too progressive for a 1986 frame? Love the logo design on the downtube! 😍 Some rather tasty bikes this month eh?! 😎

Very much 1986. Bertrand was a Quebec builder of custom road bikes, but they were very interested in what Paul was doing out west. I was stunned by how modern it was with the sloping top tube. It is an amazing bike to ride, it is constantly challenging you to go faster. The upgrade to threadless headset was done by the previous owner. Here's their more usual mid 80s fare
View attachment 849716

Is it using a wheel or other method for the front mech ( I know it has a top pull there but that wasn't until 1991/1992 depending on suntour or Shimano)
As far as I the builder built the bike raced it once or twice stripped the parts (witch is common on team bikes) and put it aside. His brother Jack wanted a bike so he grabbed the and put whatever he had lying around. Maybe in 96 maybe in 91 don't know never asked about the rebuild. The frame that was made made in 86 actually looks like they took there road bike frame dropped the bar and put bigger tires in.

Hmm … lotta west coast. Maybe we need something from the other coast ;)
Cameron
Edwin
Porter
Tamarack
Gardin
Marinoni
Best

Hopefully someone has at least one to share.

With all the great bikes, I'll leave my rider quality brodie on the shelf.

Cameron
Edwin
Porter
Tamarack
Gardin
Marinoni
Best

Hopefully someone has at least one to share.

With all the great bikes, I'll leave my rider quality brodie on the shelf.
It's Canadian who cares put her out there

Back