Bike of the Month January 2020 - NOMINATIONS THREAD

I've edited this post as this bike was initially for sale but I just can't bear to part with it so it's still all mine and will remain so.

pazaudi's 1994 custom Roberts Dogs Bolx.

so3vtSs.jpg

HwpPAIX.jpg

Sorry dude. If it’s for sale it’s not eligible

raidan73":2dt88gnc said:

Ah ok, I should have spotted that. That's the end of that one then. I guess it would look like I'm raising the profile of the sale thread so I understand that.

If someone can remove my posts please and apologies for the breach.

pazaudi":2vfj4uur said:
raidan73":2vfj4uur said:

Ah ok, I should have spotted that. That's the end of that one then. I guess it would look like I'm raising the profile of the sale thread so I understand that.

Why not do the opposite- Pull the sale and enter it, it’s a well worthy candidate for winning

Go on, you’ll regret it later if you don’t

Retro Spud":do9jd4s2 said:
pazaudi":do9jd4s2 said:
raidan73":do9jd4s2 said:

Why not do the opposite- Pull the sale and enter it, it’s a well worthy candidate for winning

I agree, that’s one of the most iconic bikes from my youth, you are barking mad to even consider selling :LOL:

Retro Spud":oayugf17 said:
pazaudi":oayugf17 said:
raidan73":oayugf17 said:

That's what I'd do unless I was desperado to sell it fast.

Well I have now retracted the sale of the Roberts, not for the sake of entering this competition but because I just can't bring myself to part with it.

2 Bikes stand out for me this month and they may not be the obvious choices. The GT is a firm second place for me, the colour scheme on the old Karakorams is ace, they seem to hit that 90's nerve ending with every glance. I still desire a Tequilla sunrise as the paint is as iconic as a Clockwork or a Cinder Cone.
The one that really stands out head and shoulders above the competition is the Mammoth. It was like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow when they where spotted in a few early MBUK issues, like a beacon from over the Atlantic of what you could have if you lived in California.
I'm usually inclined to go British for any BOTM vote, only because i remember most of them from my youth and it makes me feel good to vote for them, almost brings back a youthful memory, this time though my vote is for some American Alu E-stay beauty because quality matters.

Back