Bike lights

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm going to buy a new front light for road and gentle offroad, looking to spend between £20 and £50.
Any recommendations/links??

Ta

Something from magic shine will probably do the trick. Ebay is the best place to find it.

I've got this one, from this seller.

It's great, but the battery life isn't the greatest, you should get a couple of hours out of it, but suggest trying not to allow it to discharge completely. The rear light is nice, but is not at all waterproof, however, when it gets wet it flashes until it has no charge left. Then put it in light, and it will work again, as normal. I use it as a secondary light now, as it needs a good charge after every use, and leaving it in the garage overnight didn't help.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cree-T6-Bike- ... 2ec3e8ea21

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've got three like Pyro Tim's, all bought at different times.

I also have a modifying lens that throws the light horizontally across the road. These are on ebay at about £5.00.

I used all three at Mayhem last year and use the one with the lens on my road bike all the time.

As Tim said, a week in a cold garage does the battery no favours, but that's pretty much par for the course with most batteries.

One tip. If you are going to use this in wet / cold conditions (which obviously you won't Mike, but other people will), then take the precaution of putting the battery in a plastic bag or a balloon (as in model R/C cars and boats), as constant exposure to road salt and water killed the battery on one of these that my daughter uses on her daily commute.

For those scratching their heads, you take the battery pack out of the little fabric bag first. :facepalm:

I was talking about the rear light, re charging.

Got to say I have 2, and 1 only seems to charge for 30 mins, and the battery life is shocking. You can buy spare batteries on ebay though

You might have one of the special batteries where they didn't bother connecting all the cells.

I run a solar storm X2 on the bars and a t6 on skidlid , get about 2>3 hours out of both and I can see enough to be nearly as quick through the woods in the dark as daylight .
Matthew

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back