Bigger volume tyres, tubeless questions/suggestions?

wadsy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I'm planning a build with bigger volume tyres: 2.35, 2.4, maybe 2.5 - rigid bike, possibly with a larger front tyre, maybe 2.5 front, 2.4 rear.

I'd like to run tubeless and have a 'medium' tread pattern/depth like a Rocket Ron or Conti X King.

I've found RR's in 2.35 tubeless ready, X-Kings 2.3 TR and an X-King in 2.4, but non tubeless - could the 2..4 be run tubeless???

Most 2.5's I've found seem to have a more aggressive tread pattern.

Any suggestions/advice please?

Cheers

Anything MTB can be run tubeless given a decent job of installing.
Half of my tubeless equipped wheels are either not tubeless rims, not tubeless tyres or simply not tubeless at all.

Anything MTB can be run tubeless given a decent job of installing.
Half of my tubeless equipped wheels are either not tubeless rims, not tubeless tyres or simply not tubeless at all.

I have tubeless rims, what tips would you have for fitting tyres that aren't specifically tubeless?

Cheers

Scrub the inside of the tyre (gets rid of the mold release agent, allows sealant to wet the inside of the tyre)
Leave the tyre inside out for a couple of days to give it some shape and push the sidewalls as far apart as possible.
Fit with a tube first to get it stretched and seated, unseat one side, remove tube, fit tubeless valve, inflate (only one bead to seat) - this only works with tubeless rims!
Anything else is really equally as applicable to tubeless tyres.

Back