Big ol' clearout XT deerhead, XTR, LX, SYNCROS THREAD CLOSED

walkmanman

Senior Retro Guru
THREAD CLOSED
PRICE DROPS. EVERYTHING (PREVIOUS TO BELOW UPDATED) UP TO £30 DROPPED BY £2, £30 AND OVER DROPPED BY £3
NEW UPDATE: LAST NEW BITS ADDED
FINAL UPDATE: DROPS ON BITS ADDED IN LAST UPDATE. DROP AMOUNTS SAME SAME AS ABOVE
Thread update: Suntour XC seatpost added, see bottom of list below.
Various parts that don't look like they're going to get used, so I'm selling. Prices not including postage. Collection is welcome:) Dibs then PM please.

Paypal gift is my preferred payment type, all prices don't include postage. Royal Mail's standard 2nd class rate is £3.10, so this is what you'll be paying unless you ask for a different service. Possibly cheaper if it fits inside a letter envelope, ask for price.

I'm also expecting to add a part STX groupset plus a nearly complete Deore one. This might take a little while though, so ask if you want details.

Shimano XT Deer head SL-M700 thumbies.
These are classic retrofriction shifters and have a lovely solid feeling mechanism which is a nice and realistic alternative to the indexed type. The shifting is reliable, thanks to the retrofriction mechanism, and doesn't often need retightening. Classic 1st gen XT kit. Pretty excellent condition and the shifters still look very tidy. Mechanically all's well, all threads are good and the rubber lever covers show no wear. I believe they can handle up to 7 speed gearing but might go higher.
£50>£47

Syncros Cattle Prod Hammer N' Cycle stem
Excellent condition, except for occasional light scuffs here and there and staining from where the headset has been. I've given it a light polish which has improved the looks but it's not that shiny. Also some of the Syncros lettering is damaged (replacement decals can be bought online). Length 13cm. Clamp size 25.4mm, and fits 1 1/8" steerers. Threads and the loy allen bolt head are good. For the weight weenies out there, the stem weighs 218g. It has the 1993 added Zircal alloy stem bolt upgrade, plus the 1994 added extruded wedge- this also dates the stem.
£40>£37

Syncros Cattle Head Hammer N' Cycle ahead stem
Excellent condition, except for occasional light scuffs here and there and staining from where the headset has been. I've given it a light polish which has improved the looks but it's not that shiny. Length 13cm. Clamp size 25.4mm, and fits 1 1/8" steerers. Unfortunately the slanted topcap isn't included. Threads and the steerer wedge are good. For the weight weenies out there, the stem weighs 206g.
£35>£32

Shimano XT RD-M739 rear mech
Very nice condition although there are slight scuffs along the parallelogram front but apart from that no scrapes except for one over the hanger bolt. Jockeys do show wear although really only the top one. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. Jockeys are original. For 8 speed setups.
£20>£18

Shimano XT FD-M738 front mech.
Pretty excellent condition, there's some alloy rainwater staining but nothing else to speak of. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good, the cage does show slight chain contact scoring but has years of life to go. Clamp size 31.8mm. Bottom pull.
£10

Shimano XT FD-M737 front mech.
Pretty excellent condition, there's some alloy rainwater staining but nothing else to speak of. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good, the cage does show slight chain contact scoring and chrome loss but has years of life to go. Clamp size 31.8mm. Top pull.
£10>£8

Shimano XT RD-M735 rear mech
Very nice condition although there are slight scuffs along the parallelogram front and lower pivot but apart from that very tidy looking. Jockeys do show wear and the lower jockey is a replacement alloy cartridge bearing one (I can find an original one if required). Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. For 7 speed setups.
£17>£15

Suntour Alpha-5000 front mech
Pretty excellent condition, there's slight wear to the logo but nothing else to speak of. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good. Clamp size 28.6mm. Bottom pull. The mech was taken off a Muddy Fox with triple setup although the ratios weren't that wide, so the mech isn't designed for the kind of ratios that some of the other mechs listed here are.
£8>£6

Marin Lite saddle
1993/94 saddle with blue rails. In good condition with a few marks in the typical areas. The leather cover shows no real scuffs and has no cuts etc. Padding still very comfy. A few chips to the cr-mo blue rails, mostly around where the seatpost has been clamped. Marin logos still visible on one of the sides and the rear.
£20>£18

Selle Bassano Vuelta USA saddle
A quality saddle with the extra width and padding which makes it more suitable for offroad riding. The styling also suits this, plus it's a pretty rare saddle. Condition is excellent for the leather cover, with no scuffs and stitched logos are fine. Cr-mo saddle rails do show signs of wear though. The rails don't feel bendy to ride on, and the padding isnt compressed, so I'd guess the saddle's had an easy life.
£15>£13

s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

Shimano LX SL-M570 thumbies
These are fairly rare in this colour. 9x3 gears. Pretty excellent condition and the shifters still look very tidy, although the LX logos have worn off and there's a couple of scuffs to the dark blue finish. Mechanically all's well and the indexed shifting action still feels crisp with no mushiness. All threads are good, nothing's seized and the plastic covered levers show no wear.
£20>£18

IMG-20201021-181249.jpg

Shimano LX RD-M570 rear mech
This is a pretty rare mech in this colour. Quite good condition except for the noticeable scuffs mostly along the bottom of the front of the mech. Jockeys are starting to show wear. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. Jockeys are original. For 9 speed setups.
£15>£13

USE seatpost shim in box
Used to allow the older USE 25mm dia seatposts to fit in frames taking 27.2mm seatposts. Looks to have been unused.
£5

Suntour XC seatpost. A rare seatpost and also in the unusual 27.0 size. 320mm from the base to the top. The seatpost is in pretty excellent condition- there's slight insertion marks reaching a tad above the minimum insertion mark, and the Suntour XC logo is beginning to fade. It has a classy matt finish and has a slight bronzy tint along the shaft, although it's hard to see in the pics. Even the clamp is a nice design and is spring loaded to help mount the saddle easily. Very angle adjustable too. Weight is 216g.
£30>£28

THREAD UPDATE NEW PARTS
Easton MonkeyLite SL carbon riser bars
These are the super light version of the MonkeyLite bars, so weight a tiddly 132g. They've not been cut down so are the full 610mm length. They take 25.4mm clamp stems and have a small rise. They're in fair condition as the lacquer around the centre area has chipped mostly above where the logos are, but this doesn't look too bad and can always be gently sanded down and revarnished. And besides the bars being the super light version they still feel very stiff in use.
£10> £8

Shimano XTR RM-M950 rear mech
This is the medium cage, non Rapid Rise version.
Pretty tidy condition for this derailleur. It's seen moderate use over the years and is just starting to show it cosmetically, although mechanically not at all. It's in excellent working order with no play in the pivots and v tight spring tension. All threads are good, everything's in alignment and no bolts are seized. The only real niggles are that the grey ano finish has light scuffs here and there. For 8 or 9 speed drivetrains. It is compatible with the Rollamajig cable guiding type devices.
£25> £23

Muddy Fox quill stem
A 1" quill stem with quite a high rise. 95mm length and for 25.4mm stems. This has a smart brushed alloy top section with steel for the shafts. It has a cable entry hole to help with canti brakes. In pretty excellent condition with the alloy bit having virtually no marks. All threads are good.
£10> £8

Saracen Team quill stem
A 1" quill stem with a fairly high rise, although a little less than the above stem. It's steel with a nice matt finish. One of the logos is a bit faded. Still has the original shafts bolt cap. All threads are good.
£7> £5

Suntour XCD front hub
It's a 36 hole hub and is nutted. It's in virtually unused condition, but the finish does show some marks around where the logo is. No marks from spoke pressure against the flanges, which are regularly seen on most used hubs. I've had a quick look at the bearings and this confirms my above thoughts since there's virtually new grease there, and cones and races have only the barest traces of usage.
£7> £5

Re: Big ol' clearout XT dearhead, newer XT, LX, Syncros, USE etc

Hi, can i take the Shimano XT FD-M738 front mech please.

mk one":2i4bue15 said:
Hi, can i take the Shimano XT FD-M738 front mech please.

Righto, replied to your pm now.

I’ll take the shim please!

Sorry, senior moment of confusion.. I’ll leave the shim.

Re: Big ol' clearout XT deerhead, newer XT, LX, Syncros, USE etc

Actually I'm also quite interested in the RD-M735 derailleur and Marin Saddle, I'll PM you about those too!

Re: Big ol' clearout XT deerhead, newer XT, LX, Syncros, USE etc

shim SOLD.
Buyer didn't want the Marin saddle or RD-M735 mech in the end, so these still available.

Back