Best model name for a retro mtb?

sparkybhp

Senior Retro Guru
I’d like to nominate the Carrera ‘Impetus’ which I just picked up!
Can you beat that?

Attachments

• A66D87DB-1E06-437C-8CE3-429B14407B01.jpeg
    A66D87DB-1E06-437C-8CE3-429B14407B01.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 16
I will keep checking in as, the lower down the ranges bikes went, the crappier the model name.
What I really mean is that all mtbs had to be associated with kick ass off road radness.
Like....rock bear. Iron eagle, super mountain hawk, rock-smasher...you get me.
But, further up the range you got more elegant words...like...stratos, Eldridge grade and so on.

Dunno about best but the Fishlips Cycles - Toxic Tuna, always appealed to my juvenile sense of humour! 😁 😂

I will keep checking in as, the lower down the ranges bikes went, the crappier the model name.
What I really mean is that all mtbs had to be associated with kick ass off road radness.
Like....rock bear. Iron eagle, super mountain hawk, rock-smasher...you get me.
But, further up the range you got more elegant words...like...stratos, Eldridge grade and so on.
Yeah this makes sense, like - stumpjumper is cool, rock hopper is ok and hard rock is hmmm.. maybe they paid the marketing folks more to come up with decent names the higher up the models went..

Out of what I own I'm quite fond of the Dave Yates Diabolo as a name :)

Out of what I don't own I also think Brave Warrior is tres cool :cool:

Yeah this makes sense, like - stumpjumper is cool, rock hopper is ok and hard rock is hmmm.. maybe they paid the marketing folks more to come up with decent names the higher up the models went..
'rock hopper is ok' Naming a mountain bike after a penguin always sounded a little strange to me. No worse than Off-Road Toad or Raleigh Lizard, mind, but still a little strange.

I quite like 'Pine Mountain' myself.

Back