Benotto Cromor question

codydaniels

Dirt Disciple
I recently got a Benotto frameset. I was on another site inquiring about what it is, model name , year, etc... No one there seemed to know much at all. Have any of you guys seen one like this or know anything about it? I assume it might be from the 90's maybe. The first and second pictures are my frame. Third is one someone sent me of the same. Last one is the only other one I have found online. I wrote to the Benotto factory but got no answer.

There is a pump peg in the front
The Benotto pantograph on the fork tubes are angled
The brake bridge has a "B" on each side
I no sure the "ARIS" decal is original as the other two do not have it and the turquois just doesn't match anything.

Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• Benotto frame set.jpg
    Benotto frame set.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Benotto frame decal.jpg
    Benotto frame decal.jpg
    592.7 KB · Views: 59
  • benotto_cromor_b_e5391e6fdd74b95ec68f876a81ae1d2df78f0a20.jpeg
    benotto_cromor_b_e5391e6fdd74b95ec68f876a81ae1d2df78f0a20.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Benotto Cromor finished restoration 1009 004.jpg
    Benotto Cromor finished restoration 1009 004.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 64
At first glance The seat stay top area doesn’t look like a Benotto style to me with all the Benotto’s I’ve seen. If it is a Benotto it’s low budget…but I’m sure someone on here with more experience will put me right & enlighten you further

A 'low budget' external spiral butted frame!

Found a Dancelli frame on my internet travels with the same main tubes

Oria tubed - allegedly!

img_0836-jpg.313092

Last edited:
Tubing seems to be Columbus TSX with its spiral tubing

a8875fa73a397dcd1cb0ec1d16b0139e.jpg
TSX would be spiraled all the way, this is only spiraled at the ends and straight in the center. The other 2 bikes photod have the same Cromor decal, that would make me think its Cromor.

Last edited:
At first glance The seat stay top area doesn’t look like a Benotto style to me with all the Benotto’s I’ve seen. If it is a Benotto it’s low budget…but I’m sure someone on here with more experience will put me right & enlighten you further
I agree the seat stays seem like they should say Benotto but the front and rear dropouts are stamped Benotto. I wouldn't think they used spiral fluted tubing on "low budget" frames, kinda takes the "low" out of "low budget" .

Back