BB bearing cups for Bulleyes crank

Atmos

Senior Retro Guru
Hello all, i have this Bulleyes crank missing the bb cups. Does anyone have any leads where can i find them? If not original, i think modern ones are fine too. Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210604_160233.jpg
    Screenshot_20210604_160233.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 5
Simple thing to do is have a machine shop turn the axle down to 22mm (it’s 22.2mm currently) then you can use a standard Euro BMX BB. Alternatively you can use .9mm top hat shims and then use a 24mm Shimano hollowtech BB.
Bullseye did make some 22.2mm BBs recently, however they are not cheap.

You can find original cups but there are two issues-1) they are the worst bearings in the world and break in minutes, 2) they are so expensive if you can find them.

I have 6 sets of bullseyes. I use top hat shims on 2 of them, I have machined two down to 22mm and the others I use with original bearings. The best is machining down to 22mm as Euro BMX BBs are the most similar to the original and don’t involve weak shims or bearings

Here’s a really bad photo of my serotta Proflex with its machined axle and Euro BB
39332349332_06c7f992fd_k.jpg

Hi can you clarify if you’re looking for the press fit bb bearings? As Pete has mentioned some people have had their spindles turned down. I have a set on my Pace RC100 and the 22 x 39 x 9 are easily obtainable, you can get them for £7 each posted on the bay

You can also use the 22mm trick for non press fit. Euro BMX BBs are threaded BSA standard. Basically metric is better!

Back