Batch prepping 5 Cape Wrath frames

Re:

You know how Boy 'O' Boy wanted to be the sole owner of all the Raleigh Endeavours in the world?

Are you trying to do the same for Cape Wraths?

This is a very impressive handful.

Re: Re:

KondratievsBike":1k1g13zh said:
You know how Boy 'O' Boy wanted to be the sole owner of all the Raleigh Endeavours in the world?

Are you trying to do the same for Cape Wraths?

This is a very impressive handful.

Erm... yup. :LOL:

I’ve got;
1985 Canyon
1986 Canyon
1988 Cape Wrath
1989 Cape Wrath
1990 Cape Wrath
1991 Cape Wrath
1992 Cape Wrath
1994 Cape Wrath
1996 Cape Wrath
1997 Cape Wrath

1992 Antaeus
1994 Antaeus

I need help with the remainder or maybe just help :facepalm:

There really is some odd behaviour from certain folk. They overstate the importance a whole bunch of small boutique made to order brands, yet the brands that actually got people interested in riding (and potentially ended up being customers of said boutique brands), british built and perfectly reasonable (most of the time) get derided and kicked to one side.

It is a little unfair.

Except Al Carter, Al Carter can just go away,

legrandefromage":stkr7jbm said:
There really is some odd behaviour from certain folk. They overstate the importance a whole bunch of small boutique made to order brands, yet the brands that actually got people interested in riding (and potentially ended up being customers of said boutique brands), british built and perfectly reasonable (most of the time) get derided and kicked to one side.

It is a little unfair.

Upon which note (and at risk of hijacking the thread) I still yearn for another white paint splattered Shogun Trail Breaker 3. It’s the only non- euro bike I will consider.

legrandefromage":1buw7ltr said:

It is a little unfair.

The Claud bashers just spur me on! :D

I liked Get Carter & Carter USM....

legrandefromage":ip9bj4f2 said:

It is a little unfair.

Mark, really, have a go if you need too, VENT man VENT. you wont offend me.

And Romance is Romance, It doesn't matter if its a Boutique brand Or a Batch of Claud Butlers, there was clearly more to the story and was worth asking the question for all our benefits.

And wasnt AL-Carter from the same company as Claud Butler at the time....?

Mark (LGF) this is dedicated to you...... :LOL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxCqZHSxd2E

I am sure Al Carter came from Townsend/ Emmelle

Its written down somewhere to be forgotten whilst I sit in my rocking chair muttering about my tank like Spectre

sinnerman":3arjorkh said:
They werent bad....and were certainly sold by townsend .
They were good news though, when bought in bulk, they became so inexpensive to buy we would break them down, and use/sell the shimano groupsets, wheels, etc, . Crazy times, when you could buy a complete bike shimano dx/xt equipped, so far below the normal trade price, it was costing far less to buy the bike than it was to buy a groupset at normal trade price.

It was the same when buying Univega"s from the uk distributor E.Reece, in birmingham, Buy up all they had, even the odd sizes, do a deal, break the bikes, and sell off the components, customers were very happy.

legrandefromage":1iokw2wl said:

Its written down somewhere to be forgotten whilst I sit in my rocking chair muttering about my tank like Spectre

It was Townsend, but didn't they Own Claud Butler, by the later models in the batch...?

And dont sit in the chair, get up man, and swing your hips like Donna SUmmer....!

sinnerman":3tfw6bcz said:
legrandefromage":3tfw6bcz said:

It was Townsend, but didn't they Own Claud Butler, by the later models in the batch...?

And dont sit in the chair, get up man, and swing your hips like Donna SUmmer....!

It was later for Claud Butler to fall into the Falcon / Townsend net

I have had later frames made in Brigg but they didnt set the world on fire for me.

legrandefromage":3p4f4wrz said:
sinnerman":3p4f4wrz said:
legrandefromage":3p4f4wrz said:

It was later for Claud Butler to fall into the Falcon / Townsend net

I have had later frames mad in Brigg but they didnt set the world on fire for me.

I thought it was 93/94, at the same time as the Townsend Oberon/Lotus Alloy frames etc.

I could be mistaken, my memory isnt great, but i was sure, when we ordered stock, Townsend, Claud Butler, Lotus, Al-Carter etc etc were all coming from the same source.

Back