Batavus taste failure ten pint-er, Manchester

LondonClassic

Retro Guru

batavus.JPG

Ok, not as offensive as the the glitter encrusted BSO - but also not as funny. Somebody took inspiration from the 1973 British Leyland catalogue here. This is apparently powdercoat - and it seems they left the headset and seatbolt on when they did it, for sh*ts and giggles.

There really should be a show trial for the kind of people who do this kind of stuff.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

View attachment 843633

Ok, not as offensive as the the glitter encrusted BSO - but also not as funny. Somebody took inspiration from the 1973 British Leyland catalogue here. This is apparently powdercoat - and it seems they left the headset and seatbolt on when they did it, for sh*ts and giggles.

There really should be a show trial for the kind of people who do this kind of stuff.
But matchy-matchy is so on-point and much more original that CK anodised;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
This seller has previous and this is far from the worst of their crimes (see their other items for sale, or rather - don't, if you are of a nervous disposition). The highlight may be a bike where the front brake has been kept on (brake blocks and all, I mean, why not?) and sprayed a delightful melange of metallic colours (I think that one was also posted on here a while back). There are also some really rather nice frames which have been given very poorly done paint jobs, unfortunately.

I love this 100% feedback!
The paint skills, the artisanially curated pallate

Not massively sure it's a litespeed...
But i also love the way it looks like the seatpost has simply been cut off to remove it🤣... before painting with fake tan or whatever he uses
Screenshot_20240426-182315_Firefox.jpg

I love this 100% feedback!
The paint skills, the artisanially curated pallate

Not massively sure it's a litespeed...
But i also love the way it looks like the seatpost has simply been cut off to remove it🤣... before painting with fake tan or whatever he uses
View attachment 843812
Ah, no, that’s one of the rare ‘telescopic’ SlightSpead 2008 Olympic Team Frames ridden by the Falkland Island CC - the ‘post’ magically extends and retracts depending on the torque exerted on the seatpost triangle, giving an instant aero advantage. It was quickly snatched up as an opportunity by the gr*vel fraternity and can be seen in a thousand dropper posts today. The engineer, one Stanley Bay, never received the recognition she deserved but still rides fixed from Lively to Bleaker most days.

Back