Bar tape

Ciclista59

Dirt Disciple
Hi,
I’m new to the forum and hope someone out there can help me.
I’m restoring a Raleigh Criterium 12 and need some help in finding something suitable to replace the tired bar tape.
Attached is an image of the bar tape and that I found on Retrobike but dated a good few years back. This would be perfect.

If anyone can identify the new bar tape in the photo (and tell me where I can buy it) I would be very grateful.
Cheers

Attachments

• A90F0F97-3037-47AE-89FB-CA595B039835.jpeg
    A90F0F97-3037-47AE-89FB-CA595B039835.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 437
Re:

Looks like bike ribbon. It's padded shiney PVC tape. Was the most popular tape around between the time of benotto tape and cork tape. Modern equivalents are easily available

Re:

Ambrosio bike ribbon plenty of this on eBay would look better than cork ribbon it’s a vinyl type material

Regards pat

That was my bike and indeed it was ambrosia perforated, if you can find it the original was a pearl white rather than a bright white as in the picture.

Brilliant. Many thanks for that - its really helpful. Your bike is stunning and I'm afraid I don't think I am going to get mine to quite that standard! I've really enjoyed the restoration though.
Do you remember where you got the water bottles from? I've hunted everywhere for them but to no avail. The bike came with none - it took me a long time to find one of the bottle cages that was incorrect on the bike. They are also black but I have had confirmation that when Raleigh ran out of certain items they just went to the parts bin. The person I bought it from also confirmed that one of them was original and one had to be replaced due to damage (to a non original item).
Cheers.

Back