Balance 450al advice welcome

Shammy

Retro Newbie
Hi all, had this lying unused in the shed for a few years. Recently moved house to an area that screams out for a bike and was thinking about getting it up and running again. (Just needs some fine tuning on gears, probably new cables etc and so on). I've always harboured a faint suspicion it was a bit of a gem so I thought I'd do a bit of research and ended up on here. I've seen some of the threads here on Balance bikes and know they are well regarded by some so I was wondering what you guys thought. It would be nice to have a value but I'm not sure I want to sell it as it's a nice bike for the sort of casual riding I do and unless it turns out to be Antiques Roadshow moment, (doubtful I know), I doubt I'll get a better modern bike without having to spend more money than I'd get for this one. It all looks original to my limited knowledge and other than the usual scratches and wear, the frame's in good condition. No cracks, welds are good etc. Front forks are still good and bouncy.

If I'm gonna start using it again I was thinking about getting a shorter stem as I find it a little long. I was also wondering about stripping it down and respraying it as a project. Maybe replacing the handlebars and gearset. Is that heretical enough to get a good online bike-fool kicking? :? :oops:

Hope it's okay to post here. I'd appreciate any advice. Taaa!

5WsMPw6.jpg

6n66xxV.jpg

RpkGyYT.jpg

5DbEgsc.jpg
WBwPoX7.jpg

f6pk07C.jpg
YMY56z1.jpg

ZQpFp2t.jpg
mIqy7U4.jpg

Latest posts

Back