Azonic DS-2

sparkybhp

Senior Retro Guru
Managed to locate some 100mm Marzocchi Bombers for this frame I’ve had lying about. I’m starting to piece it together with various components which I have in my stash.
So far we’re at:
Hope ti-glide hubs on (I forget which) Mavic ceramic rims.
DMR tyres
Cook brothers skewers
FSA Orbit headset
Titec stem
Azonic riser bars
I have some race face cranks with a single chainring to go on, then it’ll be XTR v brakes and Sram x-o 9 speed derailleur and shifter. Dmr chain device and saddle.
That’s the plan anyway..
5ABFD37F-9F81-40B3-93D4-1FEC2E8CD18E.jpeg

Thanks for the positive comments, got it all put together last night, and looking pretty nice too. Hoping to get out on it properly over the weekend and see how it rides..
900A445C-995C-412A-81EF-9ABC762B5D5A.jpeg

That's very nice! I always wanted a DS2. My brother built one up with a heavy fork, front disc etc, and almost no weight on the back. It was really weird to jump it, as the back end felt like it would blow about in the wind! Haha. Yours looks much more balanced!

Haha, that sounds terrifying! This one actually came to me fitted with Girvin cross link forks, so maybe a heavy front end was a thing bitd with these!
I took this for a shakedown run through some local woods and over some jumps after work Saturday, it does really well tbh, nice and light.
I’ve actually listed it on eBay, more to clear a bit of space than anything else. But won’t be mad if it doesn’t sell, it’s quite a nice thing really and no doubt I’ll use it now and again.
ECD67FD1-12A3-43FF-A717-F37F49DBA893.jpeg

Back