Avoid ebayer kev_1969 from Ripon.

Re: Re:

frank.youngman":16udqh5d said:
You would not have got your money back from eBay,as I found out the hard way.

My lad used my eBay account to buy a Specialized Diverge recently,which I volunteered to collect for him.When we got it it seemed ok but as usual was not as described,i.e. needed basic maintenance and a new chain.We ordered parts online which took a week but once up and running it still creaked under pressure so I started fitting a new bottom bracket.The moment I took the crankset off I spotted a crack in the frame previously hidden by the rings which I reported to the buyer,who was not interested.I asked eBay to organize a refund which they refused to do saying that as I had collected the frame I had the opportunity to inspect the frame and reject it on the spot.

I cancelled my decade old eBay account immediately,quite simply there is no protection from dodgy sellers.

I think people end up massively disgruntled both ways.

My missus recently sold a pair of £130 boots for a £10 on Ebay. Took pictures and everything. The woman who bought them had them for over two weeks then decided that they didn't match the description (worn twice, some marks on heel) and then promptly managed to get a refund depsite the scratch she claimed was there, not being there when the boots were posted.

Pretty convinced that she got them and either they didn't fit and she's deliberately marked them to get a refund or she's worn them out and they've served their purpose and wants to send them back.

Unbelievably, Ebay sided with her - despite her going over the 14 distance selling rule, despite pictures proving damage wasn't there when sold.

For the sake of a tenner though, i couldn't believe it.

It always seem to me that Ebay get it wrong.

Back to the original post however, I'd still dispute it, if only to teach the little scrote a lesson.

Re:

My mate is going to weld the frame then I will offer it out for karma. :cool:

Stripped the rest of the bike and should easily make the money back so that's the end of it for me. Not worth any more of my time.

Re: Re:

This! Ebay has gotten so pro buyer its really not even worth selling on there anymore unless it's your only option, at some point I hope there is another auction site that picks up the torch. I started selling back in 2000, and had almost no issues until a few years ago when they changed there polices, since then I've had many of the same issues your wife had, that and the huge fee hikes make it a waste of time and a load of frustration.

Kell":27xsps7j said:
frank.youngman":27xsps7j said:
You would not have got your money back from eBay,as I found out the hard way.

My lad used my eBay account to buy a Specialized Diverge recently,which I volunteered to collect for him.When we got it it seemed ok but as usual was not as described,i.e. needed basic maintenance and a new chain.We ordered parts online which took a week but once up and running it still creaked under pressure so I started fitting a new bottom bracket.The moment I took the crankset off I spotted a crack in the frame previously hidden by the rings which I reported to the buyer,who was not interested.I asked eBay to organize a refund which they refused to do saying that as I had collected the frame I had the opportunity to inspect the frame and reject it on the spot.

I cancelled my decade old eBay account immediately,quite simply there is no protection from dodgy sellers.

I think people end up massively disgruntled both ways.

My missus recently sold a pair of £130 boots for a £10 on Ebay. Took pictures and everything. The woman who bought them had them for over two weeks then decided that they didn't match the description (worn twice, some marks on heel) and then promptly managed to get a refund depsite the scratch she claimed was there, not being there when the boots were posted.

Pretty convinced that she got them and either they didn't fit and she's deliberately marked them to get a refund or she's worn them out and they've served their purpose and wants to send them back.

Unbelievably, Ebay sided with her - despite her going over the 14 distance selling rule, despite pictures proving damage wasn't there when sold.

For the sake of a tenner though, i couldn't believe it.

It always seem to me that Ebay get it wrong.

Back to the original post however, I'd still dispute it, if only to teach the little scrote a lesson.

Re:

Agreed. Fees are now too high, and it's too risky to sell on there now, as a buyer can say almost anything and eBay will side with them. I only sell on there when I get a free listing offer, or if it's capped at £1, then I sell expensive stuff.

Back