Avid speed dial v brake levers.

Skeeter1

Kona Fan
Hi,Can anyone give me information on the Avid v brake levers please.

Like what were the first models,and years of release.
I'm in desperate need for some nice looking v brake levers for my build and I Just want some older than the year 2k. Ideally 94 to 98 era.
Many thanks.

Well, ' linear pull' brakes didn't appear until the 1996/7 model years so there's not a very big window of early stuff

Re:

Ah.. that answers the question as to why I can't find many!!
Thanks for your response.
Best wishes
Ian

Yes, 1996/7 is right. My first full sus. was a Marin Rift Zone I bought in early '97 and it had V brakes. You'd warn people to be careful with the brakes when they tried your bike, only to watch them nearly go over the bars! The brakes were Avid 1D-20 brakes, Avid SD-1.9 L levers. Don't remember the speed dial part. I kept the bike until 2015 when it was on it's third frame, third fork, third shock and third swinging arm. I'd upgraded it to discs.

Re:

Thanks for more info on this subject and I will check out your blog after work today.
Now I need to find some nice levers!!

All the best guys.

Duxuk":2i0mtm9o said:
Yes, 1996/7 is right. My first full sus. was a Marin Rift Zone I bought in early '97 and it had V brakes. You'd warn people to be careful with the brakes when they tried your bike, only to watch them nearly go over the bars! The brakes were Avid 1D-20 brakes, Avid SD-1.9 L levers. Don't remember the speed dial part. I kept the bike until 2015 when it was on it's third frame, third fork, third shock and third swinging arm. I'd upgraded it to discs.

Trigger's Broom?

up until 2000 you can find a lot of V-brake levers, including Shimanos
if you're not a Shimano fan, then Avid's SD Ultimate, SD 1.9L and SD2.0L (from 1998 onwards) are safe bets

Re:

I use 1.9's and 2.0's and they are both really good. If you hunt around you will a find a decent pair of 1.9L's for about £15.

Back