Arrrrrrrgh Thorns!

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Well today I've set a PB. Got home after this mornings ride, put the bike away. Went out after lunch to give it a wipe down.....tyre flat.....arse.

Fix puncture....check tube.....4 more.....all thorns.

I dont recall riding over the son of Gods head on the trip, but something must of upset him.

Nerg, you swine.

1634319064997.png

Someone mush have done some hedgerow cutting where you last rode. I always seem to get punctures in 3's one per ride in a row grrr

Its bloody farmers! Thrashing hedges all over the road, path, bridleways......ooooh gerrrrr. ;)

Tootyred .... it's definitely the time of year...feel your pain

Early Spring....before the birds...thrash the hedges...thorn city
March-July can't cut the hedges due to nesting birds and legal constraints
Autumn...end of the growing period...thrash the hedges...thorn city

We resorted to spending two hours clearing the trees and bushes growing into cycle way into the village - stupid amounts of growth in the way - heavily used path rendered very dangerous by the growth. We made sure we left no thorns at all on the path, brushing all the sun-baked hawthorn thorns carefully well away from the path.

@Our Jimmy came home one day with 14 in the rear and 6 in the front... it's seems worse when they (the farmer worker) leave the field side of the hawthorn hedge till last, more debris gets thrown all across the road rather than getting stuck in the un-cut road side and top (if they were to cut the field side first)

sdc11212_w1024_h768_881.jpg

A guy I know got so fed up with punctures on his daily commute that he bought some of these:
He hasn't looked back.
I wonder why there are no prices on that website?
And why no online shop/basket?

Proper retro, they may as well just ask “please write to us with your requirements and include a stamped addressed envelope for our reply” 🤣🤣

I wonder why there are no prices on that website?
And why no online shop/basket?

Proper retro, they may as well just ask “please write to us with your requirements and include a stamped addressed envelope for our reply” 🤣🤣
It was about £80 for a pair of tyres (either America or Hedgehog I think). They're not quite as deep as a regular tyre and an absolute bugger to put on, but better than weekly punctures in his view.

Heaven knows why they haven't included the prices on the website or an online basket. Apparently, customer service and speed of delivery was pretty good, but you do have to deal with a real person! :oops: Proper retro, indeed.

Back