Anyone running TPU inner tubes yet?

Apparently they will patch with ParkGP2 glueless patches...we'll see.
50:50 from a dozen repairs with Park.
Sometimes it's fine for 100 miles, then leaksšŸ˜¢

I'm just surprised all the manufacturers claim lower puncture rates than butyl, when I haven't found any long term user who agreed.

butyl is thicker, cheaper and i rarely get flats. i am lucky, for now

don't get me started on hookless rims btw

what will the bike industry think of next Āæ

Last edited:
have some on my Brompton and they are a nightmare for practicality. The valve seals went on two and they donā€™t hold air as well as butyl in my experience. Quite a lot more punctures - and I never get punctures šŸ™. I even switched to QRs on the bike as I was changing them so often. Now back to butyl.

Feel like a race/ weight item - rotating mass takes a lot more energy to accelerate - especially as distance from the axle gets greater, so itā€™s the right place to save weight vs dynamically static weight.That said - tubeless is probably a better option? I say this as someone that hates tubeless.
Update - As expected the Puncture Fairies were listening and took revenge on my commute this morning. I will repair the old tub tonight and hope this satisfies them for a while.

Update - As expected the Puncture Fairies were listening and took revenge on my commute this morning. I will repair the old tub tonight and hope this satisfies them for a while.
they will not be happy till you've replaced the tube.

Example:

I am tempted. However, some people say that these make comfort worse, while others say they improve comfort?!

Comfort is my priority on a road bike with drops, although the weight saving would be welcome too.

Has anyone got any real-world experience on how these affect comfort and handling?

Cheers.
I'm running that exact brand on my 2014 titanium road bike. Campy Zonda wheels, tpu tubes and Vittoria Corsa 2.0 G tires is my set up. I honestly can't tell you if I'm any faster on the bike or if the ride is more comfortable with butyl tubes. I only switched over last year and ran them for a full summer season with no punctures. They are so thin thought I'm always worried about damaging them when I install them. You should also be aware that they stretch to fit the tire you set them up on, so you probably should only use a tube stretched to 25mm on a 25mm tire or larger in the future.

My package came with the puncture repair kit, but I haven't had to use them. My friend bought a batch of the same ones and found some of them failed quite quickly. I think we paid about $9 CDN for each tube so not such a big deal. They definitely save space in the saddle bag.

Back