Anyone know their antiques??

It came from a old lady I helped out when she was moving. It's made from copper, all copper. Has some kind of shock inside, it comes apart into 3 pieces to fit in the original box made from ??? I'm green when it comes to timber!! But I do know my metals and the feet are brass. Everything is original and only the very slightest damage on the lid of the box, one of its corners has lost 3mm or so.
The cross and chain attach to the lid of man pot.
The lady also gave me a brass blowtorch. This was originally used with paraffin. Makers name is monitor.

Leigh

I have a friend who is a fine art and antiques dealer? He is very knowledgeable about religious antiques. I'll ask him about it next time I see him (two weeks time).

Thank you very much buddy, I have sent a couple of valuation requests online, just waiting to hear back and see roughly what it's worth. I don't mind if it's £10 or £100, it's more than I had previously. As long as it's a fair price that gets offered once it's valued then that's ok. Obviously if it's a dealer I will get less but I'm not greedy. I'd rather make good contacts than big bucks.
Thanks again

Leigh

Ollie":3sy3e4np said:
I have a friend who is a fine art and antiques dealer? He is very knowledgeable about religious antiques. I'll ask him about it next time I see him (two weeks time).

Just a quick update on this if anyone's interested??
I took the plunge yesterday and put this item along with a paraffin blow torch in to a auction.
The auction it's in Will take place on 10/05/16 and is at a place called Gary Don who are based in Leeds.
If anyone is interested the lot number is 750. Maybe you are curious to see what it is, want to bid yourself or just want to see what it was worth then feel free to be nosey.

Leigh

Re:

Agree with Daugs. Looks Orthodox Christian, maybe incense burner, possibly used at home or half inched from a church sometime. A lot of stuff is sadly. Salvo et al.

Hope it makes decent money but my est £30-50 but I only dabble in the unusual.

Latest posts

Back