Anyone fancy doing the Ledmore Loop?

epicyclo

Senior Retro Guru
Any bike, but good if it's an oldie.

Gears optional.

Dingwall/Ullapool/Ledmore Junction/Bonar Bridge/Struie*/Dingwall

You don't need a super duper set of gears, in fact you don't need anything fancy other than a comfortable saddle.

Pace will be mild, so it would be a long day. Depending how much cake gets eaten.

*Can take an alternative route to the Struie if necessary.

Thinking around Easter.

Re:

Unfortunately due to health and fitness all rides longer than 10 miles are a non starter for me this year.
Frankly Brian, you always amaze me as to what you consider a perfectly reasonable distance on a bike with less gears than the fingers on one hand. Look forward to the tales and photo's of daring do this epic will generate ;)

Re: Re:

RobMac":w56r3ra3 said:
Out of curiosity Brian what is the mileage?
About 115 - 125miles depending on which way we pick for the end of the route. (Up the Struie is the shorter and good views).

I've done it on that single speed rod-brake roadster so with gears it shouldn't be hard, just a long day out at a comfortable pace.

I'd be more concerned about wind than the hills.

Re: Re:

epicyclo":3vzx3hst said:
RobMac":3vzx3hst said:
Out of curiosity Brian what is the mileage?
About 115 - 125miles depending on which way we pick for the end of the route..

:shock: :shock: :shock:

epicyclo":3vzx3hst said:
I've done it on that single speed rod-brake roadster so with gears it shouldn't be hard, just a long day out at a comfortable pace.

I'd be more concerned about wind than the hills.

I might be up for this Brian, if I'm not working that weekend.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1579120514310.jpg
    FB_IMG_1579120514310.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 3,528
Re:

I would like to, but the distance is more than slightly daunting - the farthest I've ever done in a day is 80 miles coast to coast (funnily enough via Ledmore), and that was when I was young and in my prime... now I'm two decades on and currently lucky to get in 10 miles a week!

If it were a Saturday I'd try hard to make it happen though... I wonder if the roadster is up to it? It still only has two and a half gears although they are the most useful two (1st and 2nd / direct)... it did manage 50 miles in one go relatively recently without anything falling off so it's probably more up to it than I am!

I am up for this as per usual :)
Though I am away at Easter so either side works for me.

Jamie

Back