Anyone ever deal with "scamartist" on ebay?

GearlessinSeattle

Senior Retro Guru
So, I just have to vent a little.
I sold an item on ebay that I have now relisted because the original buyer did not think that I had described the item properly or truthfully. He threatened me with negative feedback and put in a claim with ebay. He also wanted me to refund him 50% of the purchase price. With an ebay ID of “scamartist” I thought that maybe he was trying to scam me.
I felt that I did describe it properly but being who I am I told him that if he was not satisfied to send it back and that I would refund what he paid. At the time I was a little pissed but I don’t do this for a living so what the heck. He sent the item back and I refunded him the full amount but the little twit still gave me negative feedback!
Can I do something about this?
Even though I did what he asked am I just SOL on the negative feedback?

you can contact ebay with regards to it, but i think once negative feedback has been left even if removed will still effect your overall percentage.

all though i could be wrong.

still worth getting in touch with ebay about said user.

When I get annoyed by vendors, I go into the ebay community and ask questions of the other users, some of which are very experienced with dealing with ass holes.

But one negative feedback, I really do not think that will sway people, as lots of good sort of cancels the bad, in a way such as so many other customers have given good, why should this one person give bad, for we all know society unfortunately contains scum who bleat at the slightest possibility. I bet some people even get off on it, annoying others.

Sometimes when I see a vendor with negative feedback, I pursue the buyer and see what they have left elsewhere and there draw my own conclusions on what sort of person the buyer is, but on the whole loads of good cancels the bad for me.

Now if the feedback gets near to 92% or lower I usually pass by, 96 to 100 no probs,but lower nineties something is definately wrong and to go there, well it's my own fault if the transaction does not go as planned as the feedback warned me.

You can also put a comment on that -ve feedback to explain that you gave him a full refund, what more can you do.
We've all come across cretins like that

Khane":18aro9kz said:
you can contact ebay with regards to it, but i think once negative feedback has been left even if removed will still effect your overall percentage.

all though i could be wrong.

still worth getting in touch with ebay about said user.

You can have all neg. feedback removed...I have following a rather protracted dealing with a twit in Italy.
I kept and provided Ebay with all the communications etc to prove my ground.
Result? The neg. feedback was removed and the italian suspended from Ebay.
Fight your corner and don't take 'no' from Ebay.

while you wait for ebay to respond. you should still leave comment on that neg feedback saying something on the lines of… "nothing was wrong with item but, but you accepted the return of item and gave a full refund".

even if ebay does nothing, one neg feedback isn't the end of the world. to think you can please everyone on every transaction is ridiculous.

Keep him on record till he sells something.Then return the favour,Or put in highest bid the withdraw it and leave him losing money

Sounds very much like a scam to save money.There was nothing wrong with either your item or its description :?
I have had dealings with this sort and usually reply that i wont be held to ransom and will leave honest feedback saying such :evil:
Tell them you believe they are attempting to defraud you and will/have sent ebay an email about it.It lets them know that you arent lying down for this and they usually go away
Personally i'd like to take out some frustration on these 'individuates ' :evil:

do you have a link we can look at :?

a friend of a friend recently lost £200 on a bid for an xbox box,thinking it was a typo error.......i guess as in all walks of life we share space with tossers.......one negative feed back shouldnt make any difference in the grand scheme of things..... ;)

Guys, did you remember the scam a few months back where the seller withdrew his bid at the last minute to get a product much cheaper by controlling the second placed bid also? Well this is the same bidder, he's changed his ID again but it's the same guy. Just put him on your banned list.

Latest posts

Back