Any info on Kalkhoff The Shuttle?

Someone sells this bike (images below) for 120 euro and I couldn't find anything about it. At this point point the only thing I want to know is this frameset at least double butted and is it worth it?
I want to make gravel conversion but most of retro mtb's are simply too small, I need at least 22" frame (my current bike is 24").
Sorry for bad English.

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 35
  • images1000x700.png
    images1000x700.png
    369.7 KB · Views: 37
Dualität - wechselseitige Zuordnung. Do they mean endverstärkt? That would mean it is butted tubing. Sorry for bad German ;-)

Dualität - wechselseitige Zuordnung. Do they mean endverstärkt? That would mean it is butted tubing. Sorry for bad German ;-)
Yeah, actually I'm not German, but thanks anyway! This is the only decal that says something about the frame so I guess there is no actual information about this bike on the internet. I can only assume that it isn't butted because companies usually mention it on the frame when it's butted.

Actually, this sticker say
"Päzisions Stahl
CroMo
Qualität"
("Made
by
Kalkhoff")

So 'precision steel
CroMo
quality'
which doesn't mean a lot, rather marketing buzz words.

To me it's maybe a bit heavy because probably not even butted tubes, but definitely solide ride.
The geometry with noticable long head tube and a bit shorter top tube looks interesting.
Indeed maybe a good base for a drop bar conversion.

Last edited:
Actually, this sticker say
"Päzisions Stahl
CroMo
Qualität"
("Made
by
Kalkhoff")

So 'precision steel
CroMo
quality'
which doesn't mean a lot, rather marketing buzz words.

To me it's maybe a bit heavy because probably not even butted tubes, but definitely solide ride.
The geometry with noticable long head tube and a bit shorter top tube looks interesting.
Indeed maybe a good base for a drop bar conversion.
At least it is no hi ten or worse. Did not see the little accent of the q so took a guess. Thanks for clearing it up.

BTW: i found even a brochure picture from "The Shuttle"
Just this is 1991
Kalkhoff 1991 the shuttle.jpg

the light blue @Wolfgang Weiss seem to be 1990 or even 89.
The crank and rear derailleur look to me like 300LX or MountainLX.

A 1990 buyers guide lists "The Shuttle" with CroMo-Steel, 300LX, 13,9Kg for 1199,-DM.

To me, more and more poofpoints that the frame is not butted and indeed rather heavy.

BTW: i found even a brochure picture from "The Shuttle"
Just this is 1991
View attachment 652513

the light blue @Wolfgang Weiss seem to be 1990 or even 89.
The crank and rear derailleur look to me like 300LX or MountainLX.

A 1990 buyers guide lists "The Shuttle" with CroMo-Steel, 300LX, 13,9Kg for 1199,-DM.

To me, more and more poofpoints that the frame is not butted and indeed rather heavy.
wow, I cannot believe that you actually found the whole brochure! That's awesome but looks like it's not worth it. My heigh is the biggest problem, I have seen so many good options like specialized, marin, scott etc but it's always too small.

Back