Any chance to find an Ibis handjob cable stop

jokamp

Old School Hero
I have found an Ibis Mojo Ti frame from 1994 that I am thinking of buying. Unfortunately the rear cable stop, the handjob, has gone missing over the years. According to the seller it has not been broken or so, just fallen off at some point.

Is it possible to find the missing part somewhere? If I find it I think I can find someone who can attach it to the frame in a proper way.

I have contacted Ibis but they were not able to help and basically wished me good luck finding the needle in the hay stack...

So, what are my possibilitoes to find a handjob within a reasonable time period, ~1-2 years?

You could try a bespoke jeweller to get one made. Likely wont be cheap though or even sculpt it yourself from round billet steel with a drill and Dremnel tool.

I have found an Ibis Mojo Ti frame from 1994 that I am thinking of buying. Unfortunately the rear cable stop, the handjob, has gone missing over the years. According to the seller it has not been broken or so, just fallen off at some point.

Is it possible to find the missing part somewhere? If I find it I think I can find someone who can attach it to the frame in a proper way.

I have contacted Ibis but they were not able to help and basically wished me good luck finding the needle in the hay stack...

So, what are my possibilitoes to find a handjob within a reasonable time period, ~1-2 years?
I would say your seller has made a fairly poor aesthetic decision back when upgrading to V brakes.. and is distancing himself from what now seems like a fairly boneheaded decision.

Still - as much as we all enjoy a handjob around these parts, it’s still a rare and desirable frame without. I’d use it as leverage to cut a good deal on price.. stick a pair of V brakes on and go ride!

I reckon if you really set your mind to it, getting a hand job within 1-2 years really shouldn't be too hard...

Back