Anti back-pain-stem recommendation please!

If airs not available, then a big old squirt of wd40, then wiggle them around till its over the entire inside.

Slip them off.

Wash with fairy to get the wd40 out.

Put back on with alcohol.

Thanks for all the replies - retrobike back pain experts, who would have thought it!
I think I’ll try a different stem first . Shame to lose the fluro original but im prioritising comfort over aesthetics… Maybe something like this…
View attachment 852489
Yep, they're fantastic, exactly the ones I recommended. Look great too. Bit of extra height and less reach and you should be in back nirvana

If airs not available, then a big old squirt of wd40, then wiggle them around till its over the entire inside.

Slip them off.

Wash with fairy to get the wd40 out.

Put back on with alcohol.
What do you use to pry a gap to squirt it in? On other grips this method has been sucxessful but ESI chunkys has defeated me every time. I don't buy them anymore because of it.

What do you use to pry a gap to squirt it in? On other grips this method has been sucxessful but ESI chunkys has defeated me every time. I don't buy them anymore because of it.
2.5/3mm ball ended allen key gives the best chance of not splitting, air compressor is best though. I've given up with ESI's myself.

2.5/3mm ball ended allen key gives the best chance of not splitting, air compressor is best though. I've given up with ESI's myself.
Duly noted should I ever purchase another pair. They're super comfy but have never given me nothing but stress and despair after a year or so, when I want to change bars.

I used lock ons for a long time, then realised that no plastic sleeve gives more room for rubber/foam = More comfortable. I'll deal with a little more ball ache for that.
I swap bars around a lot. Allen key down the grip and a squirt of the never ending Lynx Africa supply, works every time.

Back