Another project... 96' Manitou FS...

freddok

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi All,

New build for this spring... Find some weeks ago a cool 17' mid 96' Manitou FS single shock equipped with the iconic (at least for me...) Manitou Bazooka shock. Sold as bundle with some parts like modified XTR m901 front der, short Manitou CNC stem, CK No logo headset, Manitou FS-TI fork and some other bits.

As I know, a lot here are more in pre-95' rigid or semi-rigid MTB, but personally love the 95' and after FS bikes period with their lot of innovations (especially with the DH scene) and cool brands like Intense, Foes and some others and even if this second version of the Manitou FS isn't as artistic as the V1, it've some nice machined parts and this one come fortunately without cracks or dings.
Only downside it looks had ridden in rocky terrain and have a lot of small marks and decals aren't OG and downsized, so go for a frame disassembly and even if I'm not sure where I go and with what method I need to use, look for a polishing...

About build, going with a classic XTR m950 group set (except hubs). Sourced also another Manitou FS fork in V-Brake version to rebuild with my current 1-1/4 crown steerer and internals to match with XTR V-brakes.

The build :
Frame: mid 1996 Answer Manitou FS 17'
Rear Shock: Manitou Bazooka
Fork: Manitou FS-TI
Wheels: Pulstar hubs laced to Mavic 217 rims
Tyres: Panaracer 2.10 HC Dart & Smoke
Brifters: XTR m950
Brakes: XTR m950
Chainset: XTR m950
Bottom bracket: XTR m950
Front derailleur: XTR m901
Rear derailleur: XTR m950
Stem: Manitou CNC
Handlebar: Answer Alumilite
Headset: Chris King
Seatpost: RooX
Saddle: SDG Bel-Air TI
Seat QR: ND
Skewers: ND
Pedals: Shimano PD-m636
Cable housing: ND
Grips: ND

Frame-set as I've find it... More to come...

275222163_5659479010735254_583239385453192183_n.jpg

Last edited:
That's lovely.

I really need a pair of FS-TI's for my HT.

al.

Thanks Pete !! I know... I've looking a long time your frame when it was for sale, but sadly too big as a 19'... ;)

I've got the 97 manitou catalogue/brochure and if you want it I will post it to you free of charge. I know yours is a 96, but there's not a great deal of difference in them tbh

I've got the 97 manitou catalogue/brochure and if you want it I will post it to you free of charge. I know yours is a 96, but there's not a great deal of difference in them tbh
Thanks Pete, why not... In addition, it's my birthday today... :LOL:

Back