Another Mystery Frame - Can you help?

@dalbyinthe90s

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

I've just been offered this frame today, free from a mate. He's emailed me 3 pictures, but we don't know what it is.

Do any of you have a clue...?

Thanks.

Attachments

• FRAME3.png
    FRAME3.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 420
  • FRAME2.png
    FRAME2.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 420
  • image88.png
    image88.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 420
My money is a frame made after 96/97 as theres no way that frame left the factory with that hanger - some must have retro fitted it, I’m not sure I’d want to put my trust in two rivets

Retro Spud":3n2sqcs8 said:
My money is a frame made after 96/97 as theres no way that frame left the factory with that hanger - some must have retro fitted it, I’m not sure I’d want to put my trust in two rivets
Yeah, Im sure you're right. I thought exactly the same. If I do anything with it that hanger is coming off and it'll have v brakes as it was obviously meant to.

legrandefromage":2h68flir said:
Nuttsak 'Ballworrier 3000'?

LOL! How did you come up with that?! I've just had a pint or two and couldn't stop laughing!

I've eventually found a picture of a Handsome Dog frame with identical drop outs, seat and chain stays. Weld quality looks the same too. Plus, it's got a British Standard sticker on it. I'm betting that's what it is. Im undecided whether I'll restore it and build it up.

Thanks for your replies guys

I'll leave the suggestion of 'Arsetearer VI - The Rippening' for another day then... ooops no, wrong forum!

Re:

I collected this today.

My mate tracked down the original owner and he said its a Claude Butler. I found a picture and he's correct. Case closed.

So I'll take off the DIY hanger and put the frame in the loft for now. It might just make a polished up unbranded single speed one day...

Back