American Breezer 1987 #0003

noka78":1l2jud17 said:
Thanks Eric for your feedback here - thought already that my thread was so quickly cut off after the finish !?

That's really a funny story - it's like me, years ago i doesn't like them so much, because what Joe said - the terms of comfort, but now i prefer more the 'pooristic' design and they are matching perfectly to the Koski dropouts - pc & optical, not so much functional! I can't trust them so much like the powerful XT or Ringle skewer.

Ya, you put an amazing amount of time and effort into the bike for this thread to go quiet so quickly.

I restored an 87 myself, but nowhere near the amount of attention you gave yours. I hope you like the way it rides more than I did mine! Your choice of build spec and 'upgrades' are spot on, AC quick releases included. I don't think I'd change a thing!

Your words means a lot - thanks ! I realize now, that it is the winner of the last BotM :)

Right, It rides in a very special way - but i like it when a bike have an own character and when it's not directly comparable.
Sometimes it goes like to listen an new music album of your favorite artist, but the first times of listening you didn't like it so much...you listen it a second, a third...and maybe listening to the fifth time you'll like it ;)

Until the last month i had problems with the rear wheel - it wasn't centered and the wide Hardpack tire was tickling the rear stays on one side. So i decide to wait until i want to do this job ! When it's done, the AB will be back again on the trails - watch out for pics here or on FB!

cheers

Latest posts

Back