Alpinestars Cro-Mega LX T26

s-t-a-u

Retro Newbie
Hi all! I've been following the forum for a while but this is my first post.

I found this little bike in our countryside home and initially thought about cleaning it and putting it to use, then realized that… everyone is so tall. And the little ones are probably still far away. So since bikes need to be ridden and a quick google search seems to show that there might be some love for this frame, I thought somebody on retrobike would be actually up for riding it, all while I can finance builds that are more suitable to my current conditions.

I have no definite idea about its value, as I've seen a few different prices in past auctions, then covid-19 prices… It would be fantastic if somebody could help me in determining what could be a fair price for both parts. Currently taken apart with love and curiosity, available for shipping EU-wide or collection in Torino, Italy.

• Frameset:
1992? Alpinestars Cro-Mega LX T26
Own Alpinestars fork + headset + stem + Mega Lite handlebar
Own seatpost + own Joytech seat clamp
Own Avocet saddle
Own bb

• Complete Exage 500 LX groupset (except right shifter!):
Ritchey Vantage sport rims on FH-HG50 / HB-RM50 hubs with Michelin Overland slicks
FC-M500 chainset
RD-M500 and FD-M500 derailleurs
M500 left shifter
Altus C10 right shifter
BR-M501 brakes
ST-M050 brake levers
Hyperglide cassette and chain

I didn't have the time to clean up the groupset, which has some marks here and there but is in good working conditions. I'm even willing to keep the groupset if someone's interested in the frameset only. I'm attaching a couple of shots of the frame-fork-headset-stem-handlebar unit. I hear that the presence of original components is often more determining than state, but if you need more pics/details about current conditions to make your estimate do ask.

Long message, but since it's my first one… :roll: … thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_8202.JPG
    IMG_8202.JPG
    655.8 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_8203.JPG
    IMG_8203.JPG
    651.8 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_8204.JPG
    IMG_8204.JPG
    706 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_8205.JPG
    IMG_8205.JPG
    643 KB · Views: 552
Re:

Neither of you will be able to PM until you've made thirty posts. It's awkward for genuine users but had to be done because of fraudsters. I would guess that your best bet is to create disposable email addresses, post them up and exchange genuine contact details via the disposable addresses.

Nice frame, by the way.

Re: Re:

CassidyAce":ubzw2kfx said:
Neither of you will be able to PM until you've made thirty posts. It's awkward for genuine users but had to be done because of fraudsters. I would guess that your best bet is to create disposable email addresses, post them up and exchange genuine contact details via the disposable addresses.

Nice frame, by the way.

Thank you! Time will come then.

Back