All things Canadian.....

Love the sky and cloud paint and nice job on the stem Tom. Nice rollercam too

WimVDD":3tx27wx8 said:
This is my 1991 Look Mi 80. Look is a French brand but these mountainbike frames were made by Grisley in Canada.

By grisley?

Something is confusing. Look is french. Grisley was the second brand of BH, spanish brand ... and was made in Canadá. Ok. What is the relationship between Look, Grisley and BH?

Grisley was BH no doubt, my ex BH topline has a Grisley Mega frame. Cycle-europe group?

madjh":r7q4nawd said:
WimVDD":r7q4nawd said:
This is my 1991 Look Mi 80. Look is a French brand but these mountainbike frames were made by Grisley in Canada.

By grisley?

Something is confusing. Look is french. Grisley was the second brand of BH, spanish brand ... and was made in Canadá. Ok. What is the relationship between Look, Grisley and BH?

Grisley was BH no doubt, my ex BH topline has a Grisley Mega frame. Cycle-europe group?

Read it somewhere here on the forum. The link is Easton/Reflex, it seems: "Easton started with the ALX range of frames in late 1980's. Other manufacturers were concerned by Easton being in the market in 1990s, as they had a huge cost advantage, so they supplied via Grisley, Look, Peugeot etc and then Easton quietly stepped out by selling the business to Look."

Wim

Back from the dead bump

Here something to brighten your day - My '91 Equipe on it's original tires.

Attachments

• IMG_3178 (2).jpg
    IMG_3178 (2).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 149
One chain ring is missing and the front derailleur too, but looks quite nice :)

I like 3 chain rings bicycles, my RM all have 3. No photos, they are 2006 models. I love how they look and rides.

Last edited:
Re:

How about this one of a kind.
Another example of Derek Bailey's work.
A ladies Thunderbolt. :cool:
Updated.

thanks man! It a keeper! A member on the Vintage Canadian fb forum offered up

"It`s a Devinci Douglas, made in the Saguenay-Lac St-Jean area in the province of Québec (my province). If I`m right, frames of this era (aluminum) weren`t that strong 'cause they were not heat-treated."

They were mostly an eastern bike from what I understand and was a pleasant surprise to see this out on the west coast.
Lovely thread, slightly disappointed that there aren't more Devinci here. I'll provide a little more info. They still make them in Quebec from aluminum mined in Quebec. They also were sold by PECCOS bike shop in Ottawa under the name Eclipse. Devinci seemed to go lower end on components than Eclipse
Not my bikes: p2pb20430251.jpg eclipse-c4-mountain-bike_9899097.jpg
To celebrate their 30th anniversary, they made this little retro inspired beauty:
Devinci-YYZ-PART-OUT.jpg Devinci-YYZ_29-1024x576.jpg

Back