All things Canadian.....

Re: Re:

raidan73":3b0cn0np said:
Picked these up for a great price recently :)

Cool find! I have the lamps and wiring for that generation of BLT but no bottle ... Yet :)

They're working ok but don't know how long the charge lasts. What year do you think they are, around 1990?

raidan73":a0xsl2kl said:
They're working ok but don't know how long the charge lasts. What year do you think they are, around 1990?

I'm going to redo mine the blizzard build thread so you can see how I do.

Mines a c1987. Yours is portably a c1990. There's a local guy here that worked a Syncros and he said they were made for a very short time in Manitoba before moving operations to Vancouver at the Syncros factory. Apparently just a couple of dudes at a table in the back soldering up the good cells from warranty return power tool battery packs at first. Than they got their own shop.

:D

EEB7F502-6560-4966-B5C8-FBB294B6CEC0-294-000000058B7F68E7_zpsv4wob98a.jpg

Re:

Here's, as I understand it, the first generation BLT system. It's got the Vancouver BC decal on it. I think thats from their Syncros days.

I can't see any water bottle pack holding a charge anymore. The cells will need replacement.

At any rate ... It'll be like getting old xmas lights to work ;)

I think they were granola-crunching Nelson BC locals before things picked up for them and they moved to Vancouver?

BC":1yeztgq3 said:
I think they were granola-crunching Nelson BC locals before things picked up for them and they moved to Vancouver?

Could be I'm just blowing second hand smoke ... Not really much info on the company on line. I know what I've been told :LOL:

This unit was on k-rods romax so m gonna guess it's from their first shop.

That's a beautiful blizzard synlos. My 1990 went to a local guy who's gonna do one heck of a build with it.

Back