Airborne 2000 Lucky Strike DB Rebuild

Re:

Fri Sep 03, 2010 is when i sold this frame to you :shock:
Chop chop I and the rest of Retrobike want to see this beast!

Attachments

• IMG_1068.JPG
    IMG_1068.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,472
I knew I would get some stick … :LOL: but back off, I said above it was built / finished … ! ;-) :cool:

I don’t want to post mobile pictures though and I can’t get quality pictures of my camera at the moment as my laptop is broken - even if I had got around to taking pictures anyway ! :LOL:

When I do post them, there will be a lot of them … ;-)

Cheers,

WD :D

Some more Ti bolts for the Airborne, I couldn’t source the right size :-( so rampage modified the heads and I chopped them down to length :D :

Left to right = Standard Ti / Standard XTR / Modified Ti

I noted that I could brace the seat assembly more and use it for mounting ‘things’ just by adding longer bolts :D

These are stainless plates that I designed and had laser cut (via Rampage) :

I have four of this design of seat post so I had two ‘dog bone’ braces cut and two braces / mounts cut to suit a standard GoPro mount.

I have polished the dog bones and brushed one of the GoPro mounts, the other (non bent) mount is straight off the cutter.

The bolts and flange nuts are titanium, to match the seat posts :cool: :

Ready for mounting under the seat :

This is the seat mount finished and fitted – ignore the assembly paste / anti seize … :LOL:

Just the right amount of kink to retain room to grab the back of the saddle :

Re:

Active, pics on other threads uploaded, so I'm guessing your Camera and Computer are working successfully? If so where are the pics of the finished build. Can you hurry up as I and probably a few other members may die of old age before this thread is finally put to bed.

Kind Regards

Liam

Pics on other threads are old, nothing new gone in my Photobucket account unless it's off my phone ... :-(

I have some paternity leave coming up imminently - that should give me some time to snap some pics in daylight ... ;-)

In the meantime, it rides great ! The only things I have had to tweak are :

• Seat adjustment.
• Stem adjustment.

I still need to set the forks properly and add a bit more stans, the tyres are going down over the period of a few days.

Just making a rear guard to go on the GoPro mount :D

lumos2000":13kn0fae said:
just a crappy camera phone pic in a badly lit room will do, then we can all got on with our lives :)

lol, you know that's not going to happen.

I heard he's not happy with it and has started again....

:)

Back