advice please replacement after market top ring XTR 960

Ernie

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Hello all..

advice please..looking for a aftermarket replacement for my outer ring 44t on my Shimano XTR 960 cranks..

Regards

Ernie in Plymouth

If you're looking to buy a brand new one, it's probably just a matter of whatever you can find that's still around! I know they were made by at least Middleburn, Specialites TA, Stronglight and Blackspire. I've had a few sets of these cranks over the years and definitely had the Blackspire (Super Pro), Middleburn and Specialites TA (C116), and those are the ones on the one set I still own: https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialites-TA-XTR-04-Compatible-Rings_102577.htm?sku=372984

To be honest I never noticed any difference between any of them in use.

Cheers Fatal.. all ordered from Swinnerton Cycles..with 5% discount £51.29
Thanks again

Ernie in Plymouth

Just read this, I have the originals here that I won't be using so free to any member for the cost of postage from Spain, (guessing about 8 quid mind). Let me know and I`ll dig them out and have a good look at them before posting.

Afternoon Shedobits..
yes please, I did manage to get a replacement as mentioned above but it would be handy as its my commuter/daily runner
thanks again
Ernie in Plymouth

Hi Ernie,
I've just had a look at the 44t chainring, all of the teeth are there, but it doesn't have any makers name. I bought a complete chainset off here and as it was to be given the Geoff Jones treatment I've only kept the middle 32t ring and the other two have been in the parts bin for a couple of years but never ridden by me.
If you are still interested PM me with the delivery address and I'll package the two rings up but don't expect to be in town 'till next week.
Post Brexit and Covid its a bit of a polaver to visit the post office so I only want to go once. I'll post it and let you know what it costs afterwards.
Regards

cheers mate..just started a conversation with you ..all ;)understood re brexit/CV19/POST OFFICE visit;)

Ernie:) in Plymouth

Hi Ernie,
I've just had a look at the 44t chainring, all of the teeth are there, but it doesn't have any makers name. I bought a complete chainset off here and as it was to be given the Geoff Jones treatment I've only kept the middle 32t ring and the other two have been in the parts bin for a couple of years but never ridden by me.
If you are still interested PM me with the delivery address and I'll package the two rings up but don't expect to be in town 'till next week.
Post Brexit and Covid its a bit of a polaver to visit the post office so I only want to go once. I'll post it and let you know what it costs afterwards.
Regards
Good morning mate..
hope it nice and warm where you are..
:)cranks arrived yesterday..:)
🤝thanks again🤝...
Regards from a chilly but dry Plymouth
Ernie;)

Back