A Very Sad Looking 1992 Saracen Kili E Stay with issues

Re:

Ha! Thanks chap. Nice to know its out and ready to rebuild. Was going to leave it but really couldn't face it being in there.

Still clearing stuff out to fund the respray. But progressing on parts.

I am going to be boring and go thumbies which I have. Dx front mech here to clean and a mint dx rear too. Only issue is the rear is missing the cable bolt and the one from my spare (an lx300) is not long enough? I would have thought they were universal.

Anyway, limited with what I can do until frame and forks are painted so just waiting on that. Next month if not before, want this built for winter.

Re:

Well today I posted my 'never really started' rock lobster frame, freeing up pennies and space to crack on with this..

So.. Took it to the powdercoaters!

My last and only experience of painting a bike was awful so have used a more expensive firm (1st choice finishes of Exeter) in the hope they do a good job. I've seen others on here before by them and they look like they know what they are doing.

Colour wise its red not sure what ral number but looks nice hopefully.

A few weeks and I'll have pics ready for a slow rebuild...

Re:

Original saracen stem was rusting and without a bung. So a wanted ad was put up and andyz supplied a rather nice flip flop stem which is also getting painted. This is in the car park before:

Looks really cool, love the shape on it. So hopefully will look ok when built up. T bone stem on standby if not.

Getting a saracen bottle cage powdercoated as well. Total geek.

I'm looking forward to seeing this built up!

I went through the caustic soda experience with two frames this summer. It works really well, but I'd appreciate if I didn't have to do it again for quite some time! :)

Boring sort of update..

Dropped this in on the 22nd August. On Monday (29th September) I called them to ask for progress. I had specifically said not ot hurry etc, and when I asked if they had done anythign, was told they couldn't find the frame! Wasn't worried, they are sound blokes.

Anyway, call today saying it is ready...

So collection next week. Then I will post some pics and disappoint everyone by building it painfully slowly over the whole of winter!

Back